Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

It seems the pretty Xandarian assistant I've been drooling over is actress Mikaela Hoover who's a James Gunn regular.

Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_FBA2027_comp_v038.1088.jpg

James Gunn superhero "pilot" from 2009 featuring Mikaela ... and a talking raccoon!

rowwwrrrrr!

Last edited by a moderator:
4D rumbling seats were done in the 1970's as a process called, Sensurround. I remember watching Midway in 70mm Sensurround as a kid and it was pretty amazing then. I think the deep base horn drivers used a separate track on the film for the effect. I wonder if 4D is any better than those horn speakers.

There may have been some rumbling caused by bass but the seats were on gimbals so they moved around and I'm sure that some vibration was from the gimbal physically shaking the seats plus there was a massage chair thing inside the seats that would also pound you on the back on occasions. That was interesting, I just wished that it would have moved around more and given me a massage while I was watching the movie.

Tgx65B7.jpg7CKWSjw.jpg

Sneak peaks are out for the Guardians of the Galaxy covers. Apparently, the UK is getting them two weeks earlier than the rest of us here in the states. They'll release there on November 24th. Love that Awesome Mix Steel Book case! Would have been better if it was the TPS-L2 colors, but still cool!

pic.twitter.com/8z2m8YICKB

I, too, would change some things.

The text on the flowerpot is overstated.
I felt the same as the last guy about the arms. At the very least it could have flimsy wire articulated arms that can be posed.
I would have done something other than a simple gyration. Even swaying side to side would be better.

The look of baby Groot is nice, though.

All tickets are of different dates, couple of tickets are of two different shows on the same date.

This guy has seen Guardians of the Galaxy 28 times.

15495972006_60f00af13a_o.png

I should have kept all my tickets... think I'm at around 23-24. I saw it 3x a week for about the first month/month and a half now down to once a weekend. Our theater chain has a loyalty program so I've earned several free ones with all the GOTG viewings.

Most of that guys' tickets are IMAX or 3D. At least I didn't have to spend THAT kind of money. Don't have that option here.

Most in my immediate vicinity get wide eyes when I mentioned wanting to see the movie a fourth time in the theater, haha...

I saw it only 3 times myself. First in LA during early August and then twice back in India. And I mentioned this on FB and Statueforum that I don't think I can watch a movie that many times in such a short span either. But I love the level of obsession and dedication this person has towards it, no matter how silly and ridiculous others might consider him to be.

This is one of the examples of being a true nerd, doing your own thing no matter how unconventional and unpopular it maybe. I can always appreciate that.

Also comparatively speaking I don't think 28 is a huge number, as I think some Star Wars fans in the 70s have beaten the record of consequent viewing of the film in theatres. I don't remember reading how much exactly, but it was definitely more than 30.

Member CessnaDriver on Stateforum then mentioned how Star Wars screenings back then would be limited to a single theatre as an exclusive in a town and people would have to wait in long lines to catch it every time. So it's very likely that the ones who saw it that highest number of times indeed had to do it across several months.

I should have kept all my tickets... think I'm at around 23-24. I saw it 3x a week for about the first month/month and a half now down to once a weekend. Our theater chain has a loyalty program so I've earned several free ones with all the GOTG viewings.

Most of that guys' tickets are IMAX or 3D. At least I didn't have to spend THAT kind of money. Don't have that option here.
Banner, that's freaking impressive. And knowing that one of our own RPF members has done something to that effect, just warms my heart.

And so many people have seen it at least 2 or more times, just goes to show how much fans want to relive that great experience with these characters.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back