Ghostbusters 3 is a go! (according to the writers, director and producer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ghostbusters 3 is a go!

New crew, new equipment, even a new Ectomobile....
I don't know - I understand things have to be updated but if you take away TOO many familiar images, it's not going to feel like Ghostbusters.
I'm sure it is going to happen...if it ends up being succesfull, I believe it will be on the level of the latest Indiana Jones, where it was well recieved but many fans had issues with it.
That's the way things go with such a large gap in a franchise.

Can't be worse then Crystal Skull....

right?

right????!!!

Someone tell me it wont be as bad as Crystal Skull!!!!! Please!!!!

I don't know - I understand things have to be updated but if you take away TOO many familiar images, it's not going to feel like Ghostbusters.
I'm sure it is going to happen...if it ends up being succesfull, I believe it will be on the level of the latest Indiana Jones, where it was well recieved but many fans had issues with it.

I dont know according to a lot of folks, new crew, new equipment new Enterprise made the lastest Star Trek a hit...

Crystal skull...

Crystal skull vodka...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY CHILDHOOD!!!

:lol

Nobody cares. Not anymore. Nobody gives a **** if the film is good or bad. They only care if it makes money in its opening release. And they, like the folks at Lucasfilm, know that there are enough suckers out there who'll accept anything with the logo/trademark on it.

You could make a "spiritual successor" to the franchise, and it'd be well received, but make nowhere near as much money as a crap story with the GB logo on its posters. They know this. Ergo, who cares if people LIKE it? As long as they PAY to see it. Besides, everyone knows most movies make their money in the first weekend anyway. Once the cat's out of the bag adn the reviews are coming in, it's too late anyway.

I dont know according to a lot of folks, new crew, new equipment new Enterprise made the lastest Star Trek a hit...

I seriously doubt this would be as radical a change as NuTrek.

They are not abandoning canon and all the old main characters will be there.
Not to mention the original creators are all still involved.

I like the intentional "Let's get the delorean in the shot to make people jealous" shot.

Well they did build both of them, and they did work together on both cars... God forbid any members of this forum show their work of right?

Every time I talk to Ernie about it, he just sighs.

I hope it happens, just for his sake... I think it's tragic that he has to appear at conventions in the costume; he's a great actor and deserves better than that.

What, Ernie Hudson? What's he doing on the convention circuit? He's got a pretty solid career doing guest spots on TV shows these days, no?

I hope it happens, just for his sake... I think it's tragic that he has to appear at conventions in the costume; he's a great actor and deserves better than that.

Don't fool yourself.

The days of actors showing up for peanuts is gone.

The appearance circuit is quite lucrative even for the B-List.

They can make $20K plus expenses easy for a weekend.

Don't fool yourself.

The days of actors showing up for peanuts is gone.

The appearance circuit is quite lucrative even for the B-List.

They can make $20K plus expenses easy for a weekend.

Still seems tragic.

This is not my choice cast, but from the direction they plan on going
and the populous of comedic ensembles as it is today this is my guess:

Steve Carell: Egon's Brother or Brother in Law
Jason Segal: Ray's Son
Paul Rudd: Veinkman's Protege (we know he's that egotistical)
Craig Robinson: Earnie's relative of some kind
Christopher Mintz-Plasse : Louis and Janine's boy
and finally
Jay Baruchel: Oscar Barrett

This like I said is not a wish list, but what would be a likely cast
All in all I honestly don't think they would do horribly. I do, however,
think that this project should be left alone. Just Drop it. The magic
worked once. The sequel is sub par even in the actors eyes.

They should just get Jason Reitman to direct.

Please God NOOOOOO. I don't want Emo, Juno garbage type atmosphere in my movies.

And you know what - the more I think about it, I bet the script will come together just as formulaic and trait as the rest of the sequel scripts of late.

I hope they don't assemble a new cast just to pull a original member in to do a Spock Prime scene (Murray as a ghost). SIGH.

Whatever you guys come up with in your heads will undoubtedly be better than what goes to screen. Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, Mike Cera - all os the so called Box office gold actor/comedians are just terrible and to tell you the truth not a one of them deserves tobe a Ghostbuster in my opinion. Carrell - yep - but he won't do it.

Ehhh, I don't know about Carrell as a GB, but the Office guys are writing it, so who knows? I just don't see him fitting.

Now, of the suggestions here, I can really see Jason Segel and maybe John Cusack fitting in the universe. That being said, we could really use a few guys with the improvisational talent Murray and Ackroyd brought to the table.

From what I know if Carrell, at least on Anchorman, almost every one of this "iconic" lines were scripted, and most of the outtakes that deviated fell flat. I know a lot of the office is improvised, but I wouldn't be surprised if we learned his funniest stuff was scripted.

As for a director, I have no idea. Can't think if anyone who could handle the comedy and the fright.

Paul, I nominate you. :lol

Improv is HARD. Well, GOOD improv is hard, anyway. Most of the improve I've seen from the Apatow Players has been.....underwhelming. It's always the same schtick. And I don't find it that funny, personally. Maybe if I were stoned while watching...no, probably then I'd just be confused and still not laughing.

Carrell, I don't really see as GB material, either. Actually, of the various "current" crop, I'd say Paul Rudd and maybe Owen Wilson would be the best. But, really, I don't even think they could do it that well.

The current crop of comic actors just seems to have a very different style from the guys from the 80s. I don't see them fitting into an "80s-style" franchise, personally.

Though I suppose that's rather the point, and would be where the "NuTrek" analogy comes into play. It wouldn't be about capturing the same feel of the old stuff, unless you only have the faintest sense of what made up the old stuff. It's about taking modern styles and slapping a "Ghostbusters" theme overtop of it. So, basically, take an Apatow movie (or whathaveyou) and stuck guys in brown-grey jumpsuits with proton packs who catch ghosts into it, then call it Ghostbusters 3.

Oh! Wait!

Ghostbusters 3D!!!!

Yeah!! NOW we've got a winner!

:rolleyes

Give it to the South Park Crew...

Stan - Kyle - Cartman - Token... Tweek..
...and Kenny as Slimmer.. (Those Bastards)

Nice........

Stay Hard,
Snoose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back