Edge of Tomorrow ( Live Die Repeat) (Post-release)

Re: Edge of Tomorrow (Post-release)

Been listening to this wonderful track since yesterday. It's by The Glitch Mob - Becoming Harmonious. It was featured in the second trailer (also known as the Main Trailer) for Edge of Tomorrow.

The music starts at the 1:16 mark into the trailer and kicks in again after the 1:45 mark.

Two more days to go.

Edge of Tomorrow Trailer #2 Music #2 (The Glitch Mob - Becoming Harmonious (feat. Metal Mother) - YouTube

Edge of Tomorrow - Official Main Trailer [HD] - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Caught a screening of this tonight - really great, fun film for me - everyone who was with us enjoyed it as well… Makes we want to read the book...

Make sure you get the original light novel and not the graphic novel. Viz Media released an English version of the light novel a while ago. The graphic novel is just a cash grab to tie into the movie but it does have some amazing art. There's also a manga serialization in the Shonen Jump magazine which started a few months ago.
And I'm sure you know it's under the All You Need Is Kill title.

Edge of Tomorrow is great, so funny and for a movie that repeats itself it's still full of surprises & extremely entertaining.

I am heading out of town for few days and I can't wait to see it again when I return next week :).

I enjoyed it. If Starship Troopers, The Matrix, and Groundhog Day had a baby, this would be it.
Bill Paxton ate up every scene he was in. Fun.
I never really felt attached to the J Group characters.

Tom Cruise is basically every character he's ever played. Tom Cruise.

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

I think they chickened out with the happy ending.

I enjoyed it. If Starship Troopers, The Matrix, and Groundhog Day had a baby, this would be it.
Bill Paxton ate up every scene he was in. Fun.
I never really felt attached to the J Group characters.

Tom Cruise is basically every character he's ever played. Tom Cruise.

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

I think they chickened out with the happy ending.

The movie has got some funny moments. Too bad the 3D viewing gave me a wicked headache after.
I agree, Bill Paxton is awesome in the role he plays

SPOILER ALERT

Bill Paxton's character is not from the United States :D

after the lights came up, I was so sad the movie had ended that walked down the hall to where it was starting again and watched it a 2nd time.

Great movie and was a surprise to have me laughing at some scenes but still be a serious movie. Will watch again.

Just saw it with my parents. It was okay. Thought if they had took it more serious and took out the comedic portions, would have been slightly better

But like I said, it was okay..

I enjoyed it. The best death scene is when he first dies and gets blue goo all over himself, and when he tries to roll away from the formation under a truck...:lol

What I really disliked was how busy the aliens where. They were like hot lava spinning octopi, it was confusing during fight scenes. Just a fugly design, IMO. Another reason I can't watch the Transformers robots on screen, too busy.

Other than that, great film, some good character development obviously, but not just from Cruise, from his cohorts in the J-Squad as well.

Worst part of the movie? Possibly the ending...should have started the day from that specific point on the beach??? I dunno...

Worst part of the movie? Possibly the ending...should have started the day from that specific point on the beach??? I dunno...

To be honest, to me, the ending is even more of a bad ending than it appears.

If he was able to repeat the same 24 hour period from contact with the Alpha's blood, by that logic, the direct contact with the Omega's blood gives him the ability to knowingly reset should he die again. That means he could end up dead sometime in the future and then just repeat almost his entire life all over again from the moment he wakes up in the chopper, basically able to repeat his life on a longer timeframe.

Seriously, I think it would have been better...

... if they had left the characters dead at the end instead of that hokey "I'm going to get a chance with her" ending they chose.

Very entertaining movie with a perfect mix of humor and drama. I think a slightly darker ending would have been better and was wondering the same thought as CB2001 about the future and how it could work out for Cage.

Also, Emily Blunt was fantastic. Makes me wonder how she would have been as Black Widow (as it was intended)...

To be honest, to me, the ending is even more of a bad ending than it appears.

If he was able to repeat the same 24 hour period from contact with the Alpha's blood, by that logic, the direct contact with the Omega's blood gives him the ability to knowingly reset should he die again. That means he could end up dead sometime in the future and then just repeat almost his entire life all over again from the moment he wakes up in the chopper, basically able to repeat his life on a longer timeframe.

Seriously, I think it would have been better...

... if they had left the characters dead at the end instead of that hokey "I'm going to get a chance with her" ending they chose.

In regards to the first spoiler,

It was established that as long as that main source (forgot what it was called) was still alive, those under it's powers could travel back in time. When Tom Cruise killed it, he pretty much used the last remaining juice it had to send subjects back. So once all the remaining energy was depleted, there is no means of Cage to travel back in time anymore. And if that wasn't the case, he could always get a blood transfusion. :)

As for the ending,

Well, after going through all that turmoil and constant death to ensure that Cage was capable of seeing this through to the end, I looked at that ending more as a "She deserves to know what she did for this world" rather than a "Today's my lucky day!" moment

Great fun flick.

Loved it ! Great twist and loved how he was trying to make it through and keep Emily blunt alive too . Loved the suits ,tech and drop ships . Would love to build the heavy suits shown in the picture . Big thumbs up .

Wouldn't Emily Blunt's character have needed to die in order to know she couldn't reset the day any longer? Like, how did she know the power was gone?

Perhaps they get so attuned to it (either mentally or physically) that they could recognize the emptiness once it was gone. Cage mentioned that he could "feel" that the power left him after the transfusion. Plus, the visions of the Omega would stop as well, so I'm guessing that's how Rita could tell when it left her...

the power was in her blood so when she got a transfusion in the hospital when she was knocked out, all of her blood with the power induced in it was flushed out of her system with fresh blood from someone else with the same blood type. duh....just kidding

I was definitely loving the suits. I loved the fighting Cage began to do once he was leveled up and just trashing those robotic arms!
Loved it ! Great twist and loved how he was trying to make it through and keep Emily blunt alive too . Loved the suits ,tech and drop ships . Would love to build the heavy suits shown in the picture . Big thumbs up .

Yes you can shoot holes in it but it was entertaining. It was better than Godzilla, that's for sure.

Well, as alot of us feared EOT didn't do well ,at just under $30 million and third at the box office. Although it is doing slightly better world wide, its doubtfull if it will do enough to even make back its massive $178 million filming budget. This is very bad news ,not only for Warner Bros, who I think pulled "Jupiter Ascending" because that would have probably been their third box office bomb in less than two months after Transendance and EOT, but now ALL the studios will take less risks with new scripts and ideas and just stick to reboots and franchise sequels. There are just too many films squeezed into this narrow summer release schedule that they are killing eachother off. It just ain't cheap to go to the cinema any more when you can stream it on line in the autumn/winter, when there is less to do except stay in and watch TV. "Captain America TWS" has now topped the BO charts this year , and I think that is in no small part to its early release date and the fact it is a damn good film.
And I guess that Depp and Cruise, now in their fifties , have pasted the point where their females fans no longer number legion and can get the BO figures pumped up a bit. I'll be very interested to see how "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes does" and "Guardians of the Galaxy".

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back