Darren Aronofsky’s Noah (Post-release)

This thing is going to do better on dvd than theater. I'm surprised he couldn't sell it to history channel as a mini series like their bible one. At least their actors looked middle eastern. How'd they get Nolte off his crazy pills long enough to act lol.

Saw bits and pieces I just can't sit for long movies any more unless I am home.

Can't wait untll it comes out on Bluray was impressed with what I saw

I'm all for actors using their native accents in a movie like this. Movies that feature actors (I.e. Nazi's) speaking English with German, etc. accents is just silly.

Last edited:
:lol That trailer certainly makes the story more exciting than the way the bible tells it, but I'll stick with "Evan All Mighty" ;)

Contains Spoilers:

So my wife and I saw Noah last night and, even though we went in with low expectations, were extremely disappointed. I'd heard interviews with Darren Aronofsky prior to seeing the film and he had defended certain "additions" to the movie as basically artistic license to fill-out the movie because of the fact that the Biblical account of Noah is so sparse. I can grant him that. However, I'm surprised at how many parts of the story that he felt the need to change, precisely because of that fact! It specifically states in the Bible that Noah's three sons "and their wives" were on-board the ark, yet he totally deviated from that. (Instead he concocts the plot-line of having only one son have a wife who happens to give birth to twin daughters, thereby providing supposed 'wives' for Noah's other son(s). We're not sure whether his son Ham is amongst those who later procreate because he takes off at the end of the movie to supposedly 'walk the earth alone' like "Cain from 'Kung-Fu'," to paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson's character from Pulp Fiction.) Yet another aspect of the story that differs from the Biblical account.
And don't even get me started about 'the Watchers'! That totally took me right out of the movie. I felt like I was watching Michael Bay's "Noah-Age of Extinction!" Suffice it to say, I won't be getting the Blu-Ray. On an upside, my popcorn was good. :)

Last edited:
Well yeah I mean if you went in expecting a close to the mark story out of the bible You are going to be very disapointed

Contains Spoilers:

So my wife and I saw Noah last night and, even though we went in with low expectations, were extremely disappointed. I'd heard interviews with Darren Aronofsky prior to seeing the film and he had defended certain "additions" to the movie as basically artistic license to fill-out the movie because of the fact that the Biblical account of Noah is so sparse. I can grant him that. However, I'm surprised at how many parts of the story that he felt the need to change, precisely because of that fact! It specifically states in the Bible that Noah's three sons "and their wives" were on-board the ark, yet he totally deviated from that. (Instead he concocts the plot-line of having only one son have a wife who happens to give birth to twin daughters, thereby providing supposed 'wives' for Noah's other son(s). We're not sure whether his son Ham is amongst those who later procreate because he takes off at the end of the movie to supposedly 'walk the earth alone' like "Cain from 'Kung-Fu'," to paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson's character from Pulp Fiction.) Yet another aspect of the story that differs from the Biblical account.
And don't even get me started about 'the Watchers'! That totally took me right out of the movie. I felt like I was watching Michael Bay's "Noah-Age of Extinction!" Suffice it to say, I won't be getting the Blu-Ray. On an upside, my popcorn was good. :)

- - - Updated - - -

:lol!!

I'll wait for The Epic Of Gilgamesh.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol!!

I'll wait for The Epic Of Gilgamesh.

Well yeah I mean if you went in expecting a close to the mark story out of the bible You are going to be very disapointed

That is a shame. I was looking forward to a fleshed out story, not a new and different story, using the Biblical story to pull in a certain demographic. :(

I guess it is no different than the million remakes that are happening that have little to no resemblance to the original, but still harvest the name to help sell it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back