CLONE WARS weekly discussion thread

The CW team is not the cause of my concern. The report of the that there are no defined plans for the unreleased CW material or any real plans for this "new direction" that they reported on earlier. The report sound more like (except for the movies), they want to stop all other projects. Other reports is that this also includes video games like 1313 and the first person shooter of Battlefront III.

However, I hold on to my faith in Disney. They are an intelligent company that understands the value of their products. If this is true, it sound like they want to proceed with any and all SW projects in a cautious nature.

And they effectively received those Season 6 episodes for free as part of the acquisition, it's low hanging fruit. I think we are trying to parse too much from relatively generic press releases and brief statements.

While I believe that Disney/Lucasfilm will give us an animated series to lead into the new trilogy, I hope this is just a rumor.

Think the best we can hope for is maybe one season of an animated series (Clone Wars Quality) before episode 7 hits, unless they push back the release date.

I liked the resemblance of the harsh weather armor to that of the concept snow trooper?

At first I thought it looked like cobra hiss tank driver but then I remembered the concept artwork.

It's interesting that Filoni is also thinking about Ahsoka popping up in Episode VII. I would think that once word go out that a new Jedi Order was started by Anakin's son, that any Jedi left in hiding would come forward. I don't think she should be a character in the movie, just maybe a cameo of her showing up and telling Luke who she is.

If Ahsoka is in episode VII, it would not necessarily mean she has not met Luke and company prior. Remember that movies start with a crawl that tends to fill the audience in on unseen yet important points. There is no reason she could not be a established in a new Jedi order for the past 20 years or whatever.

Also, if you want to consider the possibility of Ahsoka being re-introduced, her absence from any prior Jedi affiliation could stem from a lack of interest to continue or re-affiliate with the new order. If she settled down, she may have been enjoying the past 40 or so years with her husband, children, and grand children.

Personally, in my humble opinion, I think Ahsoka's story should continue in the live action TV show (if it ever gets made).

Last edited:
Also, if you want to consider the possibility of Ahsoka being re-introduced, her absence from any prior Jedi affiliation could stem from a lack of interest to continue or re-affiliate with the new order. If she settled down, she may have been enjoying the past 40 or so years with her husband, children, and grand children.

That might be the plot point that would get her back. She sees that Luke is changing things (if they follow anything from the EU) and allowing marriage, kids, etc. Like Filoni said, Ahsoka left because she realized both sides were wrong.

Hmm, hints of something to come?

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/331560516336095232/photo/1

dave_filoni Dave Filoni -
Hard to believe that I've worked at LFL almost 8 yrs, & this is the first time I have gotten to draw a TIE fighter. pic.twitter.com/0H6Z9hS0lq

BJnwiG4CEAEVS6w.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back