Captain Phillips (Post-release)

devincf: "WOW. CAPTAIN PHILLIPS is amazing. Hanks is unreal. Greengrass is a genius of tension and suspense."

devincf: "I had a physical reaction to the 3rd act of CAPTAIN PHILLIPS. I'm shaken by the intensity."

devincf: "CAPTAIN PHILLIPS: 0% sentimentality, 100% humanity."

Not sure what to think of this based on the trailers. Praying it doesn't end up another story that tries to make excuses for evil.

This story was on Mysteries at The Museum. They have that life boat in the US Navy museum I believe. So knowing the story pretty well after seeing it profiled on that show, I can see how it would be a tense story and harrowing ending.

The best part will be the last 10 minutes like Zero Dark Thirty. Seal team 6 snipers parachute in, set up on deck,wait, and melon-pop the three skinnies simultaneously...

Nicely done. Could have been ten minutes shorter, but overall quite satisfying. Very tense and frightening. Superb Hanks and the Somali pirate guys were fab. Truly added to the realistic feal of the film. Worth seeing.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back