Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Post-release)

Someone clear this up for me. The part with Zola. Is Zola am AI that is an exact copy of his conscience? And the algorithm the means of calculating the targets? Ill have to watch it again. I took it as though the algorithm was the whole presence that was on screen. But thats because I figured that was the only possible way. To concieve that a full conscious AI could be transfered to tech without alien tech at that time is ridiculous right? I thought it was an algorithm based to react based on others reactions..... so there would be some limitation on what the Zola program could do....

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Someone clear this up for me. The part with Zola. Is Zola am AI that is an exact copy of his conscience? And the algorithm the means of calculating the targets? Ill have to watch it again. I took it as though the algorithm was the whole presence that was on screen. But thats because I figured that was the only possible way. To concieve that a full conscious AI could be transfered to tech without alien tech at that time is ridiculous right? I thought it was an algorithm based to react based on others reactions..... so there would be some limitation on what the Zola program could do....

J

Zola-in-the-machine is an AI that wrote the algorithm that SHIELD/Hydra was going to use to do its dirty work. They're two separate entities.

Viveks last post adds a lot of convincing detail and an interesting real life parrellel to TWS. No wonder the script feels so convincing. Is Disney the new Hydra in this new world of cinematic wonders!!!
Zolas consciouness was downloaded onto all that magnetic tape in the 1970's (interestingly he died roughly when Star Wars came out) so he became effectively the worlds first AI well before Jarvis. Seeing as his code must have been the basis for most of the programming that came after that its a fair bet thats how come the algorithm infected the entire internet to create "personalitiy" profiles for every person that could become a threat to Hydra, now and in the future. Thats why I think the algorithm, specifically because its not named in TWS, is probably the Clairvoyant, and because its roots are so deep in the informational world it will probably know "everything". Hence the lead into Avengers 2 or Agents of Shield in all probability. As Hydra says " cut off one head, two will arise." Not entirely sure Zola is gone either, it wouldn't take much to copy all that data onto something else in later years, but maybe it makes more sense to have "wiped" him out for "phase three".
You know the more I think about with phrases like "phase three" the more Disney DOES sound like Hydra planning to dominate the entertainment world.

PS Thinking about it, I guess it would be good for Agents of Shield to reveal "the Clairvoyant" as the algorithm as that would make it far more relevelant to the whole series tie in. Also the whole Skye thing and the fact shes so internet capable, Coulsons "death" and the fact the clairvoyant cannot "see" what happened to him makes it more of a possiblity.

Last edited:
Zola-in-the-machine is an AI that wrote the algorithm that SHIELD/Hydra was going to use to do its dirty work. They're two separate entities.

Thats unfortunate. Knowing that some big wigs have already estimated that a map of the human brain. Not functioning. Just a solid state map. Would require half the storage present in the world today. Let alone the little storage they had back then. Read it in empire this month. Not that Id let it ruin the plot. Just rains on the parade a little. Hah. Its better that Zolas actually an AI anyway. He can have a bigger part.

Thanks for that. Need to go watch it again. Lot of people getting confused about it from what ive read.

J

It would be pretty sweet if Zola uploaded his data to the USB drive when they talked to him, letting him survive. that whole room had to be way lower storage space than any modern thumb drive

Just listened to this Captain America: The Winter Soldier Spoiler Special Podcast | Movie News | Empire . The first half hour is with the directors, and its a great interview. Listen out for the bit when they say they showed the edit of TWS to the Agents of Shield team !!!! I think the mid season break for AOS was more about them rewriting the scripts than anything else now! Lots of interesting points, these guys really love what they are doing, a surprising reference that I didn't pick up from the film but probably explains why I liked it so much. The last 3/4 of it are the three empirers discussing it in depth, some interesting points, but mostly along the lines discussed here.

Saw it again for the second time and loved it just as much!!

Anyone catch the Bible verse on Nick Fury's tombstone? Seems familiar… :)

That was quite possibly my favorite part in the whole movie.

And on another note, who's gonna be making the SHIELD S.T.R.I.K.E patches?

SHIELDStrike1.jpg

Of the movies that I think of as "Marvel canon" (IM, Thor, CA, Avengers), this was one of the best. Maybe THE best. I actually left the theater having a really interesting discussion about balancing freedom and national security with my children. It had heart, it had brains, it was the whole bag of chips. Loved every minute. Especially the Pulp Fiction nod :D

I liked it better than the first but I'm not sure it's the best.

The first Iron Man is still pretty fantastic. Still get goosebumps during his first test flight.

I can't think of another franchise that's intertwined so many individual stories this way. My kids were geeking out over things ("Is that Loki's staff?!") that show me they're pretty invested in the storyline. I bet in twenty years, they'll be on the RPF killing time at work waxing nostalgic over these the way I do over Indiana Jones or Wrath of Khan.

devincf: "CAP 2 beats RIO, brushes against $500m global by week 2. We used to think Cap couldn't sell tickets, especially overseas."

ERCboxoffice: "With $317M, CAPT AMERICA 2 has already surpassed the int'l box office totals of CAPT AMERICA, IRON MAN, THOR & IRON MAN 2."

eruditechick: "oh what's that captain america is a valid cultural touchstone outside of the US because of intrinsic human values YOU DON'T SAY"

eruditechick: "oh what's that captain america is a valid cultural touchstone outside of the US because of intrinsic human values YOU DON'T SAY"
Yeah, I'm not sure Cap is doing so well overseas because of the "human values" he displays. I think it has more to do with the solid political thriller script and the kick-ass action scenes. At least that was what sold me and my buddies, but I'm glad it's doing so well anyway !

True, but that quote wasn't really just reflecting on the movie and its success, it's also about what appeals to people all across about the character itself.

I became a bigger fan of the character from Brubaker's writing in the comics. And it was scrawny Steve Rogers' nobility in the first movie that won me over, which was explored even further in this sequel.

Spider-Man has been my favourite superhero since I was 4 years old and he is still my #1 favourite. Yet I still consider Superman as the ultimate superhero.

But as far as movie superheroes goes, I feel Captain America is now a more aspirational figure than Man of Steel ever was.

Please don't hurt me when I say this but......I didn't really like it that much.

Now, please don't shove my face into the keyboard bec^&$(^ t0&*T)*&Y)(-97Y

Loved it! One of my favorite scenes had to be when everyone kept entering the elevator.. :lol 'Before we get started..'

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back