- Alternate Opening – Maria Hill Interrogation
- Extended Scene – Loki & Barton Strategize
- Steve Rogers – Man Out of Time
- Nick Fury & World Security Council
- Extended Viaduct Fight – Raw Footage
- Fury & Hill Discuss the World Security Council
- Extended Scene – Banner and Security Guard
- Alternate Ending – Maria Hill Interrogation

Intrigued by alternate opening and ending having the same title.

Last edited:
THE AVENGERS Blu-ray/DVD Set for Release on September 25

Deleted scenes:

I could go for more Maria Hill.

I wish they would release an extended version with deleted scenes integrated into the move like Peter Jackson with LOTR.

no i dont think the red skull is any where near thanos in that short clip. seen the movie 4 times never noticed it. and saw that last scene 3 time again just now and there is nothing that looks like red skul. there is only thanos and that other guy :p

The Avengers News - Superhero Movies News

maybe you can see it yourself but on the version i have on my computer i cant seen it and that one is alot clearer than this internet version

Just watched that clip on that link. It sure does look like he's standing there on the right side in the back, his back to the camera.

Just watched that clip on that link. It sure does look like he's standing there on the right side in the back, his back to the camera.

Either my eyes are going or yours are. :lol I don't see anything there.

I actually just got back from seeing the movie again and I didn't see anything else on the screen in the theater either, but I've been wrong before.

My guess is that someone didn't know who Thanos was, assumed it had to be Red Skull, posted that online, then as it got spread around people lost the source and just assumed that it was true. Just a guess.

Now back to our favorite area for speculation: PHIL!

There was a quick shot, when all hell was breaking loose on the helicarrier, where Coulson goes to some door that requires a retina scan from him, opening it. Could this be the LMD room? Maybe, maybe not.

Could it just be the room he got the "I don't know" gun from? Sure! But I don't really think that it's necessary to see him entering that room if that's all it was. Nothing would have been lost if he showed up with that gun without us seeing him getting a retina scan. So why is the shot in there? I think we're dealing with something that will allow them to bring him back. Maybe it's a Life Model Decoy, maybe it's something else.

In the end, just like in comics, there is ALWAYS a way to bring someone back to life.

-Nick

Last edited:
This was one of the most beautifully made superhero films i've ever seen. They gave great equal screen time to everyone and you really got a sense of everyone's importance in the film. Amazing character dynamics and having seen the great origin films prior to really brought it all together. The Hulk was the best he's ever look translated to live action and Mark Ruffalo was a great Bruce Banner too.

Sorry I am late seeing it. I have a 1-year old and finding time with the wife to see it is hard when you need a sitter and I REFUSE to bring him that young into a theater and being one of "those people" to ruin a film experience.

Wonderful film though. That had to have been a great challenge to write and balance it that well for fans of all the characters.

THE AVENGERS Blu-ray/DVD Set for Release on September 25

Deleted scenes:

Nice! Then I guess the late August date I heard about was just a lie.... :confused

Anyways, thanks for posting the details. Ooh, but those are just the DELETED scenes! Any news on the other special features that will be on the disc? How about bluray exclusive special content, like the hall of armor tour that was available for Iron Man or the SHIELD dossiers that were available in Iron Man 2? Or was that all available for dvd as well....?

Looking forward to the bluray release, now more than ever!!

I wonder if the Alternate Opening – Maria Hill Interrogation/ Alternate Ending – Maria Hill Interrogation is the Avengers story (or the events of the invasion) being told through Maria Hill???

So let me guess, the extended version we've heard about won't be out til January or so as the 'ultimate' edition or something..

I don't know if anyone mentioned, but does anyone else hate the new delivery of the: Genius, Billionare, Playboy, Philanthropist line? I liked the cocky version he said in the trailer, not the "I'm all angry at you capt so this is my response" version. I think, even with the way the scene was playing out, that it was still the better way to go.

Yeah, the trailers for The Dark Knight and Star Trek pulled the same thing. I really liked the deliveries of the trailer lines a lot more than what was used in the film. The same applies for the Genius line in The Avengers. :cry

Ya know the flick holds up. Saw it for the third time tonight and I was pretty tired - I've fallen asleep in similar situations - but, not this time. In still had a great deal of enthusiasm and a ton of fun.

Hopefully it will still be at the IMAX in two weeks as that's the earliest oppurtunity to see it with my nephew.

I just thought about this:

What is that small device that Stark hides under one of the helicarrier computer stations? We see him put it there, but it's never referenced ever again!

-Nick

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back