Tron Helmets/Costume Video

MrSinistar

YouTube - DIsney D23's Armchair Archivists

Except for all the horrible acting, this video is pretty cool! D23 went down to the Disney Archives and looked up the original Flynn's Arcade neon sign and also some rare Tron helmets and a Tron Costume. You can see a lot of detail in the helmets that I've never seen before, such as the shininess of the dome on Clu's helmet.

Shame some of the helmets are in such poor condition, like Sark's helmet and that one Tron/Ram/Crom helmet.

I'm surprised to see the original cut up prototype helmet there! I've only seen a couple of pics of that helmet and I'm glad they kept it.

Love the Tank commander helmet! Thanks to the close up shot from the video, I was able to ID the part that goes over the top of the helmet! :D

If you can look closely on the shoulder pads on the costume, you can see bits of the original orange fabric sticking through.

Also, it looks like they just made a foam cast of the Wham-o frisbee and put Velcro on the back. LOL, I love how simple these costumes are! XD

I love the weirder helmets from Tron.

That Clu helmet rules!

Nice to see the strange translucent layers.

attachment.php

That tanker helmet is really cool! Nice to see one "in the flesh".
It's a shame though that it's missing the ear pieces.

I'd really like to figure out what those ear pieces are made of.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That concept helmet is really cool too.

Looks like it's the same as this helmet but with a clear visor piece added.
tron-costume-working-shoulder-pad-vlcsnap-2207370.png-27260d1276220484

Nick

Last edited:
If I had to wager on those ear pieces, I'd say they are the innards of old school headphones, but no way I could tell what brand/model.

I still find the old costumes far more interesting and creative than the Legacy versions. I still need to see Legacy to be 100% sure. Still, they look a lot better "in action" than static. I never noticed the layers in the original Clu helmet before.

Even Tron wants a Sark Helmet!

attachment.php

Nick

HA HA HA HA!!!! :lol The face is priceless - P R I C E L E S S!!!!!!
hysterical.gif

Where did you find this photo? If I ever should meet Bruce somehow, I must have get THIS printed and signed!

Like Tron's saying "Very funny Alan-One... Now recompile my own program header back please!"

I still love this movie and conceptually the designs are awesome, but I'm astounded at how cheap and shoddy the craftsmanship is on these costumes.​
I knew they were bad, but jeez....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back