A serious discussion about Spartacus Costumes and props

Sadly, the nature of this hobby and entertainment in general has become incredibly transient, almost to the point of feeling faddish. For 30+ years, many of us have been enamored by a select few franchises, the primary one being Star Wars. However, since Episode III came out we have seen a marked shift in the nature of the hobby to one in which people are interested in it as long as it is hot, but the minute it is off the air or out of theaters, interest wanes very rapidly. My guess is that is the deal with Spartacus.

Speaking of, I never managed to pick anything up, but there was some REALLY awesome stuff that passed through VIP. The problem for me was that I didn't watch the show so I didn't know any of the characters, which just meant they were cool costumes, but had no emotional appeal for me. There were also SO many that I had difficulty picking something that I really loved... but man, some of those gladiator outfits were just incredible and I am sure they make for great display pieces!

Would love to see some photos from your collection!

Skyball,

I'm a Spartacus fan and still collecting. I would be very interested in seeing what you have. Also very interested in seeing what you have to sell or trade or if you have contacts that worked on the show that would like to sell. I'm sure we can do some sort of business if your interested. I look forward to seeing you items. Thanks for posting about Sparty!!

........"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
I have a couple of screen used costumes, and several weapons and have been trying to pick up more pieces, but the prices are getting crazy. It seems like the people buying the items are turning right around are trying to resell them. I tried several times to get one of the Thracian spear lots but always got outbid at the last second as usual. If anyone has an extra Thracian spear or Trident that is in good shape and wants to part with it please hit me up.

Skyball, please post more pics of your collection. I would love to see what you have!

skyball I have an Ashur thug dagger, Oenomaus dagger, Lucretia goat dagger, Naevia dagger and a set of Saxa's daggers. I'm looking for Crixus, Spartacus and Mira daggers.

Last edited by a moderator:
leatherneck, yeah allot of people bid stupidly and bought pieces for propstore style prices, thinking to make a quick buck. It is nice to see pieces up on ebay for months and not being sold, teach people right for trying to be greedy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    739.8 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 173
I never really got into the show, but I love historical armor, so I was tempted to get something. Unfortunately, as someone who was not a fan, competing against people who were, everything always went too far up in price for me to jump at without having some kind of emotional tie to the item.

Oh wait, actually, I did pick up some Spartacus greaves because my 13th warrior costume was missing some lol. I guess that's something. They are on the left mannequin.
1683986_orig.jpg

Screencaptured Very nice, great display too! Although if we are going to talk swords, much as I love spartacus. i may have the holy grail of all swords

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 177
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back