Blade Runner Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford) Stunt Blaster at Auction!

If it's authentic, I'm surprised to see it at Premiere Props rather then one of the more... reputable auction houses. IIRC, the original went for $260,000. I wouldn't expect a stunt model to get anywhere near that high, but I would think that it is still a sought after item.

I'm far from an expert on the blasters, andthe serial number seems right. I wonder with so many replicas running around with the correct number added if this might be one of those.

James

There are certainly a good number of fakes out there, but this one not only looks right, it has a pretty great provenance. I know someone here owns a set of the grips that were once on those, so I kind of hope they go to the same person, as they would more than double the value of both. Still they might not get what they are looking for for these in the condition they are in, and the provenance does not cover their actual on set usage, just what they were made for. They could easily have been a failed attempt at making a stunt, and acquired through dumpster diving. We need someone to say how many of these versions were made for filming, and a direct story to their use on the film for them to get top dollar.

Andy

Hey Andy, do you know if the guy with the grips wants to sell them?

Rich

There are certainly a good number of fakes out there, but this one not only looks right, it has a pretty great provenance. I know someone here owns a set of the grips that were once on those, so I kind of hope they go to the same person, as they would more than double the value of both. Still they might not get what they are looking for for these in the condition they are in, and the provenance does not cover their actual on set usage, just what they were made for. They could easily have been a failed attempt at making a stunt, and acquired through dumpster diving. We need someone to say how many of these versions were made for filming, and a direct story to their use on the film for them to get top dollar.

Andy

I honestly can't remember who it was, but they posted the grips and a modified Steyr magazine here a while back. Probably lost in all the new upgrades to the site by now.

Andy

Were not the grips on other guns from this same source white, instead of amber, which proved to be a bone of contention?

2.png

1-1.png

EDIT: Images added.

Last edited:
"Same source"? Sounds like totally different seller, and provenance. icollector is a site that many different auction houses use to connect to online bidding alongside live and phone bidders.

I am curious about those white grips too. Could possibly been an attempt at another variation in making a stunt, and I have seen some of the cast grips craze so badly they were cloudy to the point of milky. The white may have been attempt though to make ivory style grips. Pretty cool actually, and I want to know more about them. Is there a link to the previous discussion on them? They seem familiar, but I really don't recall much about them.

Andy

Which prop do these COA's belong to? The gripless, or the white griped one? I am guessing the white gripped one. Was there another thread or link to the other discussion on that prop? I am curious what was discussed about it?

Andy

The winning bid is undisclosed... Anyone have any idea what it went for, or how high the bidding went. The highest I saw was $2100, but that was before the live auction.

James

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back