Blacksparrow Auctions "The Hunger Games" catalog and auction now online.

Thanks very much for alerting us.

I have to be honest....a few items in I was already asking myself WHY the high starting prices. When I got to the katniss jacket for $5,000 Im afraid I found that a bit silly for an opening bid price.

The market should dictate the price....not what is here. Also was surprised not to see any screencaps but I guess thats because they can't use them.

Thanks very much for alerting us.

I have to be honest....a few items in I was already asking myself WHY the high starting prices. When I got to the katniss jacket for $5,000 Im afraid I found that a bit silly for an opening bid price.

The market should dictate the price....not what is here. Also was surprised not to see any screencaps but I guess thats because they can't use them.

I was even more surprised at the $10,000 start price for her interview dress... I would have thought the 'Girl on Fire' outfit would be more desirable, but I guess that's always up to what a bidder likes...

Why wouldn't they be allowed to use screen caps? I would think as far as copyright is concerned that using them would fall under a 'fair use' clause (I assume that's why every other auction house does it with no problem)... Do you think they were specifically told by the studio not to or something?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back