Avengers/Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. screen-used Acura MDX

randalgraves

So my friend is one of the founders of Colorado Movie Cars (https://www.facebook.com/ColoradoMovieCars) and he recently came across one of the Acura MDX's from the Avengers at an Acura dealership in Littleton, CO. What he found on the history of the car is that it was 1 of 5 made by Acura for The Avengers. Those same cars had serial numbers added on the bumper and rear quarter panels and they were used for the first few episodes of The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. After a while, the show switched to Lexus and these MDX's were phased out. However, they weren't owned by the studio, but were on lend from Acura. So then Acura auctioned the cars off. This one has been on the lot at the dealership for a while and isn't selling. My friend was afraid that eventually the dealership would strip it down and try to make it stock again (or close to it), so he talked to the manager of the lot about the unique nature of the car. They actually gave him a weekend-long test drive so that he could do some photo shoots and try to get some people interested in buying the car so that it could be preserved and appreciated for what it is.

If anyone has $40k burning a hole in their pocket and is interested, here's the link for the car: Used 2011 Acura MDX Crystal Black Pearl For Sale in Littleton CO | 2HNYD2H74BH524880

We took this car out on Easter to go watch The Winter Soldier in style. It was definitely a day to remember.

2014-04-20 12.14.43.jpg1493469_726121604076151_7939697856615247653_o.jpg1559344_725626834125628_2397181702297584505_o.jpg

Last edited:
I would imagine it would be illegal to drive it around due to the light bar, since it could be taken as impersonating a law enforcement officer. Awesome car to own though, just not sure if it would be allowed to be driven on a normal capacity.

Here in Colorado you can get away with having a light bar. However, this light bar is blue and red, which is illegal pretty much anywhere since it can be used to impersonate an officer. So yeah, if I bought this I'd probably swap out the light bar for amber lights.

Bring it up too wyoming and South Dakota! None of the cops will harass you up here for having it. What dealer is it at? I might have to look into it. One day it will be worth alot of $$$

Man, I wish I had that coin. That'd be fun to drive around. It actually looks like a pretty nice appearance/mod package even if you ignore the SHIELD/AVENGERS aspect of it.

I'd kill to have one of those myself!

(though, yes, the lightbar would likely prove an issue. Perhaps I'd replace it with a few mounted floodlights).

I'd kill to have one of those myself!

(though, yes, the lightbar would likely prove an issue. Perhaps I'd replace it with a few mounted floodlights).

That's a good option. I saw an led light bar on the recent jeep episode of fast and loud that would be a good alternative. I think as long as your not trying to pull people over you won't get in too much trouble.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk

Pretty damn cool for Acura.

Yeah, just need to take the blue out of light bar. You can roll with red and white as if you were a fire fighter / EMS.

I'm curious about light-bar laws... With older light bars, they looked red and blue even when off... These LEDs ones just look like clear plastic. Is just the fact that it _can_ be red/blue make it illegal? Or as long as it looks white/clear, and you never turn it one, would you be okay? (Maybe not even have it plugged in when traveling?)

If having one with orange lights is legal (but it still looks white/clear when off), how would a cop even know?

Or make one with RGB lights... Can doing _all_ colors make it illegal when it's off?

Not a problem I have, just curious about it with these newer types of lights, if anyone here knows for sure...

I'm curious about light-bar laws... With older light bars, they looked red and blue even when off... These LEDs ones just look like clear plastic. Is just the fact that it _can_ be red/blue make it illegal? Or as long as it looks white/clear, and you never turn it one, would you be okay? (Maybe not even have it plugged in when traveling?)

If having one with orange lights is legal (but it still looks white/clear when off), how would a cop even know?

Or make one with RGB lights... Can doing _all_ colors make it illegal when it's off?

Not a problem I have, just curious about it with these newer types of lights, if anyone here knows for sure...

Well, the specific law in Colorado, C.R.S. 42-4-238, specifies red/blue lights. I know several people with amber light bars that don't have any problems. The interesting thing to me, is that the CO law says it is a defense to the crime if you are a collector of fire trucks/ambulances and the red/blue light bar is associated with the value. Maybe I should start lobbying the state legislature to include prop cars....

Very Interested in this, should I just contact them to find out more about it? Amazing Vehicle!

Yeah, just give the dealership a call. And if you end up getting it, you'd definitely be welcome to display it at Denver Comic Con. My buddy has a good size chunk of the display floor reserved for Colorado Movie Cars.

Bring it up too wyoming and South Dakota! None of the cops will harass you up here for having it.

Yep, the nice thing about being up here is the cops don't really wory too much about light bars! :lol
There are three people in my neighborhood with light bars (that are all amber). With the clear ones on the this I think you could skate by many a cop. Plus if they did pull you over most would just want to talk about the vehicle, get a picture and tell you to have a nice day and don't try and pull anybody over. If it did become a problem, the simple solution is to buy one of the cloth bags that say "Not in Service" and put it ove the lightbar until you get to the Car Show or Comic-Con.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back