Doctor Who

Re: 11th Doctor's library card

Well, most of the detective work on text was done by others. The key for me was assuming the prop person didn't go too far for the pic of William Hartnell and then finding it on the BBC's own pages in about two minutes of searching.

But by all means, keep the compliments coming, it's good for my ego! :lol

Ok, as requested by thefish, and for those that want a card with The Doctor's other alias:
LibraryCardversion2.png

Instead of 5th Never you could put down the air date of Hartnell's regeneration.

I kinda agree about the date, but at the time I put it there it was just for humorous filler. I'll have to look up the date of Hartnell's regeneration, though.

EDIT: Ok, it seems the regeneration was broadcast on 29th October 1966, that would give me a date of 29/10/66 (using the British notation) to put on the card. Thoughts?

Last edited:

The dtae sounds good, the prop looks fantastic, but did they really have photos on library cards back then.

My local library service is computorized, but still no photo ID.

Sorry

"Back then"? Maybe not, but I'm only guessing the card is from the time of the 1st Doctors TV appearance (60's). He is a time-traveller, after all, so the card could be from anywhen.

Doctor Who props from the website:

There's a lot other stuff, I just nabbed what I thought was cool/useful.

How do you access the site to see all of the stuff. The links work, but I can't find the main page that shows all the items. I keep getting "HTTP 403" access forbidden, or "site not found". Do you have to join the BBC or something?

I'd like to be able to take a look at everything, from what you've posted, it looks to be very interesting.

First prop from the new series! Here is a wanted poster for Prisoner Zero. Not from the episode, just a fun little tie-in.
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/d11s01/wanted_poster.pdf

Is there a downloads section where this poster came from? I can see the poster, but when I search for the downloads section it keeps saying access forbidden or not found. It's getting a bit frustrating.:cry

Can you provide assistance to this computer dunce :confused :confused

So I downloaded and installed one of those barcode reader programs on my phone to scan the code in that poster, hoping it would lead to some secret Dr Who info.... it just links to the main Dr Who page, big disappointment.

How do you access the site to see all of the stuff. The links work, but I can't find the main page that shows all the items. I keep getting "HTTP 403" access forbidden, or "site not found". Do you have to join the BBC or something?

I'd like to be able to take a look at everything, from what you've posted, it looks to be very interesting.

All of that stuff is on the old website that's now linked to under "Past Series"
If you go to the Episode Guide section, on the right side, there will be a section called "Features" or "Gallery." That's where everything is, but not every episode has stuff. From what I can recall, I posted most of the stuff.

Is there a downloads section where this poster came from? I can see the poster, but when I search for the downloads section it keeps saying access forbidden or not found. It's getting a bit frustrating.:cry

Can you provide assistance to this computer dunce :confused :confused

I was bored and clicking around on the new website when I found that. I think it was under the Episode Guide section as well, just for the new site.

The main thing is to just get so bored, you'll go through the entire site and perhaps stumble upon something interesting. That's what I did.

All of that stuff is on the old website that's now linked to under "Past Series"
If you go to the Episode Guide section, on the right side, there will be a section called "Features" or "Gallery." That's where everything is, but not every episode has stuff. From what I can recall, I posted most of the stuff.

I was bored and clicking around on the new website when I found that. I think it was under the Episode Guide section as well, just for the new site.

The main thing is to just get so bored, you'll go through the entire site and perhaps stumble upon something interesting. That's what I did.

Thanks very much!

As for getting bored, with being out of work, I'm bored pretty much all the time:). And I have found my share of props/graphics just by clicking and typing, and some are pretty cool.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back