Zombie Muppet's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry [Mad Hatter]

zombie muppets

The past few years I have been some kind of zombie, and I decided that I wanted to do something different. So I became the Mad Hatter. Not a big fan of the original hatter, I decided to do Tim Burton's/Johnny Depp's version. With a big help from the internet, I was on my way to becoming the Mad Hatter.

First I needed a hat. Mine was built from a single sheet of poster, a thicker poster board, and hot glued/taped together before wrapping the fabric around it. I found keeping the fabric taunt while hot glueing it to the hat rather a challenge, but I was happy with the final results.

My "10/6" card is made out of left over poster board, and then took a lighter to it to distress it some. I made a brooch using three needle threaders and a pearl glued together. My hat pins are made out of paper clips, random beads and buttons from my craft box, and glued together. I actually cut up a sponge to place the pins in, and then hid the sponge behind the scarf on my hat.

My outfit was made from stuff that I had in my closet. I did shorten my pants to give them the high-water look that Johnny's character seemed to be sporting. My necktie is scraps from a previous costume, and the lace cuffs are also scraps in my craft stuff.

My bandolier was made from spools of thread that I tied together with yarn, and then tied to and old belt that I had.

I also made a pin cushion ring using an old ring, red fabric, stuffing and a metal bottle lid. I attached the pin cushion with hot glue to the top, and then hot glued the whole thing to an old ring.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back