Well, I got my Masterle helmets...

Icemanjj

I've been out of town for a few months, but I figured I'd post on here about my Masterle helmets that took forever to arrive. I wanted to let him respond to my messages and whatnot first, but he won't, so now I've given up... So yes, I did indeed receive them...and they arrived as $600 worth of garbage.

The quality on these things is nowhere NEAR what he shows in his costume that he constantly shows off (or in the photos/ description that he listed for the helmets initially). The gold paint on the Ironman mask is smudged and smeared with fingerprint marks. The damn thing wasn't even sanded from the looks of it (especially the faceplate). It looks like it came out of the cast poorly, but he decided to paint it anyways. I can't fix it without sanding it myself and repainting it. The foam parts were hot glue gunned in a rush, and have mostly fallen off. The face mask and hinge (which I paid extra for) do not open properly. In fact, the hinge doesn't even keep the faceplate up (unlike the ones shown in his pics). You have to physically hold the faceplate up, because if you try and flip it up like his pics, it will not work. The eyes have glue around them, so when you turn them on, you see outlines of glue on the FRONT of the eyes. The quality of the War Machine helmet is equally disgusting (that one actually arrived broken).

I'll upload some pics as soon as I pick up my camera from my friend, but suffice to say, I'm extremely disappointed with the product I paid for from Anthony.... These things were going to be the main part of me and my friend's Ironman costumes for Halloween, and now we're scrambling for an alternative (we've already begun work on our armors). I hate to come across as a whiny new guy, but I'm just choked that we paid $600 for these helmets compared to the quality that guys like Finhead, Masked Rider, TMP and Dark Asylum are producing. Live and learn I guess, eh? :thumbsdown

*UPDATE: PICS ON PAGE 2*

Last edited:
I cringed when I opened this hread hoping that somehow, someone actually got something good from him. I'm so sorry this happened to you and the others that ordered from him:(

you may want to post this over at Cosplay.com as well. He is still "active" there.

It's hard to believe that he is active anywhere with the reputation he has earned:angry(n)thumbsdown. You would think that he would just craw under a rock somewhere.

He's diggin a real deep hole real quick IceMan, and eventually, he won't be able to climb out of it. I really hate to hear that you guys wasted $600 of your hard earned money just to get something that is definitely not up to standards but... he will get his in the end, it always comes back around! Best wishes IceMan!

too bad to hear about that. I don't know Anthony personally but i do know about his works and reputation as well. I've read several posts/threads complaining about his attitude,works and deliveries. One word: SUCKS. You should've ordered from masked rider his helmets are guaranteed to amaze you or from GeminiKhan. Anyway, in the end he will meet karma along his way. Goodluck on you costume iceman. Don't give up. :sleep

Man, that sucks!

How does Master Le sleep at night, selling substandard stuff like this?

It would be one thing if he showed crap and sold crap, but these people are getting shafted with the old bait and switch.

Show a beautiful helmet and ship a lump of resin.

Sad.

I'll put the pics up this afternoon. I also want to point something out; it's fairly well known that PhantomProphet usually does work with Masterle (including helmets), but in this case, he had absolutely nothing to do with the production and sale of these helmets. This was a transaction that went entirely through Anthony. Nate seems like a standup guy, and I don't want to throw any dirt on anyone by association.

eh, he's in the same group and he's cleaned up anthony's messes plenty of times. if they arent the same person, le's work is phantom prophet's reject stuff.

i really wouldnt be surprised if thats the case.

Something same happened to me 2 years ago.

2 years ago i contacted him and told him that i want 2 buy a war machine helmet (i said that the maximum i could spend is $330 and he said that thats exactly how much it costed)...so basically he said fine and told me the price is $330 + $50 for posting with a track number

he then asked me to send him money through paypal as a "gift" so that i wouldnt have to pay tax for money transfer. this was the 1st time i used paypal so i didnt know that when u send money as a "gift" u cant ask for a refund through paypal.

after a few weeks he said that he sent the helmet but for some reason it doesnt have a track number (he didnt even ask for my address, he said he knew it through my payal acount).

after a few weeks i sent him a pm asking where is the helmet but recieved no reply. i have since been sending him messages to all of his acounts (youtube, thrpf, hunter's lair ect) but never recieve any replies.

i contaced cardboard king and later he said that he phoned to masterle and he said that he indeed sent me the helmet to canada. BUT I LIVE IN UK!

cardboard king never replied to me again.

so masterle ignores me, i couldnt ask for a refund through paypal and masterle got away with my $380! mods didnt even care and said that it was my fault.

I never got my money back, what I hated the most is that everyone kept thinking that masterle is this great guy who makes awesome suits when he is actually a scammer. I hate him more than anyone in my entire life and I am sorry to hear that he got you as well Icemanjj :(

I say we sue him! I have a record of sending him the money through paypal. I am just 16 but if there are more people like me involved I say we beat him to the ground! :angry

Wow!

He's been screwing people for years?

Man, that makes me think of a summer's eve.

How is he not banned on sites like this?

I guess the moral is to never send money as a gift through Paypal.

Wow!

He's been screwing people for years?

Man, that makes me think of a summer's eve.

How is he not banned on sites like this?

I guess the moral is to never send money as a gift through Paypal.

Have never done so since that aweful day

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back