"The Walking Dead" Rick Grimes season 3 costume (finished, see last post)

PunisherNC

Sr Member
Since I have the boots, belt, holster, etc from my Rick Grimes sheriff's costume, I figured why not go ahead and try a season 3 related costume? I'm currently growing my hair out for my "Man of Steel" costume so its a win-win. I got a drab western style shirt from America Eagle
53725_167143473439245_521751258_o.jpg

I'm currently dirtying it up...adding a little blood and a whole lot of brown R.i.t dye from a spray bottle to make it appear 'grimey'. I'll post pics of that over the weekend when I'm finished.

I also picked up some weather black jeans
249237_166074036879522_1850344663_n.jpg

Still not a whole lot to show off...but growing out my beard and should have everything ready for next week's "Mad Monster Party" con in Charlotte, NC
Mad Monster Party Guests

Last edited:
Re: "The Walking Dead" Rick Grimes season 3 costume

looking good man, but I would try black levi slim jeans or slim boot-cut for rick (thats just me). Also trying to find his western shirt fro, this season is a PAIN along with his jacket that Ive been trying to track down. But I'm pretty sure that all of ricks clothing is levi. Its awesome to see someone else like this character! Dont forget some type of sliver watch that Rick also wears!

Thanks, bud...those are boot cut jeans. So they'll look somewhat slimmer when I put them on. I have a watch that I wear with the costume also..so no worries ;)

I dont doubt for a second all of Rick's clothes are Levi gear, but nailing it 100% is too expensive for my taste, so I'm shooting for as close as I can get it, lol

Still waiting on the pants to get here, but I think I have the shirt about where I want it
596ea88118396b956b9c6d14d81967c8_zps220334f1.jpg

Pants are in... Did a little weathering. Growing out the beard over the next 5-6 days for the horror convention next weekend. Still need to bloody up my face as well as wear my watch and several other tidbits
336576f2224ebbaea1e3c6f7cac64347_zpsed147ac5.jpg

73d681e4faced82b32e5d57890d353ff_zpseea05ef4.jpg

You make an awesome Rick! Nice to see some non-season 1 Ricks emerging.

you know with your jaw line and hair, you ever think of doing a Ash from Army of Darkness costume? I think you'd pull it off pretty good!

Thank you, gentlemen.. I'll post some final pics on Fri night

And I have done an Ash costume at some point. I'll try to find pics :)

Sorry...pics arent the best...but here's my Season 3 vs Season 1 Rick costumes
386418_170500599770199_619714017_n.jpg

208725_170501226436803_360675099_n.jpg

Nicely done! gotta get those brown grips on the python!

You said you use brown RIT from a spray bottle to grimy it up? I am putting together a Shane from season 2 and was wondering how to grimy up the pants

yeah...the RIT dye in a spray bottle worked like a charm. These pants were a lighter black than I wanted, so I sprayed them with the RIT dye in places as well... really loving the look. Will try and get better photos later so you can really see it

yeah...the RIT dye in a spray bottle worked like a charm. These pants were a lighter black than I wanted, so I sprayed them with the RIT dye in places as well... really loving the look. Will try and get better photos later so you can really see it

Perfect I may try that method on my Cargos when I get them, any more pics would be appreciated

Looking great! I'll second the RIT dye for dirtying clothing. Also, the Wine color dilluted works great for dried blood.
I'll be at the Mad Monster Party next weekend. I'll be a zombie Friday night, so we'll have to hook up for a photo.
And just a tip, for Rick, you need to stand around with your head tilted at a slight angle! :D

Nice work man. I'm struggling to find any season 3ish clothing anywhere! I've looked for a tan shirt, i've looked for the black shirt and I gave up on finding that Levi's tobacco field jacket. I'll have to check American Eagle and see if I can find that shirt there. Looks like it works pretty good.

Can you go into some more detail on the RIT dyeing process for dirtying up clothes? I'd like to dirty up my season 1 uniform as well as the season 3 version if I ever locate the right pieces. I have 0 experience with weathering clothing.

Thank you... as for the RIT dye, dont over think it. I simply had an empty laundry spray bottle...rinsed it out, then filled it 3/4 of the way up with hot water...then dumped a half container of cocoa brown RIT dye into the bottle, shook it up real well. After taking everything outside, I simply sprayed the areas that I wanted to show some grit and grime. After it dried, I did it again to make some deep stains in other places... I like BornKIlr's idea for the wine color to show dried blood stains. Might use that at some point

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back