Vengecore's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry - Mini BeetleJuice (My Daughter)

vengecore

We noticed Indie had a thing for Beetlejuice when she kept bringing us the Bluray so she we would play it. Last August we decided we would put together a costume for her based on The characters iconic two-toned striped suit.

My wife, Jillian, put together a list of the things we needed.

Black boots
White button shirt
Black tie
White and black striped suit
white face makeup
black eyeshadow
green hair spray.

Well Indie already had the boots and shirt. i let her borrow a tie, and the makeup and hairspray was easily found at the Halloween store. The challenge was finding the striped suit that would fit a 2 year old little girl.

So we decided to make one!

Jilly found a pair of black trousers and a black corduroy jacket at the local thrift store. now that we had a black suit that fit we knew we were going to have to paint the stripes on ourselves. We added Matte White fabric paint and masking tape to the shopping list.

We masked off the stripes for the pants and jacket to mimic the width of the screen used suit the best that we could. Overall, each white stripe took at least two coats (especially on the corduroy) to get them as bright as they needed to be.

We suited her up last night and a trick'o'treatin we went!

Halloween 2012 by Vengecore, on Flickr

PROOF PHOTO COMING ASAP! (Thats my Dodge Magnum in the 1st pic)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back