Stormtrooper Oddities

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hook @ Feb 10 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1415646[/snapback]</div>
Speaking from a military point of view; it is very common for gear, weapons, and uniforms to have variations. For example, a defense contracts for a flack jacket may be divided between several manufacturers; each model may be different in some way. So in reality, when you see slight differences in costumes which many would assume should be identical, in fact should have some variation.
I can also tell you that in the field, you will do what ever you have to in order to keep the junk you have in working order. That include duck tape, glue and the good ole thread and needle. If you can't fix your own trash, you steel it from another unit. Sad but true :unsure
[/b]
Makes sense, as you won't have time to look crisp and clean and worry about getting new stuff when you're in the field - you fix yourself up as best you can with whatever materials are available at the time and then worry about it afterwards.

missing_trim.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StarWars Collector @ Feb 11 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1416679[/snapback]</div>
Nice find. :thumbsup

From which scene is it?
[/b]

Looks like the scene where the guy snitches on Obi-Wan outside of the Cantina, as the droids watch.

B

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK412 @ Oct 14 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]1337928[/snapback]</div>
oops

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clutch @ Oct 13 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1337894[/snapback]
Cool. Better picture. So that is tape around the waist of the trooper on the far left.
waist2.jpg

[/b]

that's not tape. His belt came loose and now you see the erea where the weathering didn't get too.
[/b][/quote]

Where is the Palderon on the guy to far left.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TMP @ Feb 15 2007, 03:04 AM) [snapback]1418781[/snapback]</div>
Where is the Palderon on the guy to far left.
[/b]

He is having one of those bad dreams where you somehow end up at work without any clothes on. :D

BUT IT'S NOT A DREAM ...

I was once told during my time with the UKG that if i had a helmet with no tube stripes then the Helmet wouldnt be cleared and i wouldnt be able to attend events, this thread clearly proves there are about 5 or 6 Troopers without Tube stripes.

I once Spoke to Peter Diamond at a convention and he told me that on set while fiming ANH all the actors that wore Trooper Armour altered them in their own unique way.
The armour was very sharp and used to cut and pinch (which we all know anyway) so the actors cut and trimmed their own armour to make them more bearable to wear, this could be a reason why there are so many differences pointed out here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(supa troop @ Mar 3 2007, 11:25 AM) [snapback]1430690[/snapback]</div>
I was once told during my time with the UKG that if i had a helmet with no tube stripes then the Helmet wouldnt be cleared and i wouldnt be able to attend events, this thread clearly proves there are about 5 or 6 Troopers without Tube stripes.

I once Spoke to Peter Diamond at a convention and he told me that on set while fiming ANH all the actors that wore Trooper Armour altered them in their own unique way.
The armour was very sharp and used to cut and pinch (which we all know anyway) so the actors cut and trimmed their own armour to make them more bearable to wear, this could be a reason why there are so many differences pointed out here.
[/b]

Si, it's funny how many different stories you hear when chatting to celebs..

At one event I attended, they had 4 or 5 of the actors that played Stormtroopers. Every one said that they never wore the same armour twice. When they arrived on set, it was basically a 'free for all' on what armour parts you grabbed... as long as you had a full set.

They all agreed that it was dam uncomfortable to wear though...lol..

You'll probs find, that only 1 'mr no stripes' helmet was every made, but was worn by several different actors.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clutch @ Feb 9 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1415458[/snapback]</div>
Just stole this from spastromech. ;) What is that black tape on the shoulder of the TD on the far left??
00003.jpg

[/b]
lol i think its duct tape from the red green show :lol

Check this out:

trooper_holster.jpg

As Luke, Chewie and Han are exiting the lift / elevator to the Detention Block, Luke removes his E-11 from it's holster... But look at the bottom of the holster and notice that it has been tied down to his thigh armour using a bit of string.
They must've tried a few takes where the holster lifted up with the blaster as he tried to remove it, and the ingenious costume department came up with a simple fix to keep the holster firmly in place. :)

Later on in the scene (after the shoot-out) when he rushes over to the console, the piece of string has magically vanished ;)

Cheers,
John

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back