Started work on Cyberman costume. New photo of upper body 7th May

familyman

Sr Member
Yes I know I am still working on my Ironman, and my Dalek, and my Tardis, but I really like to have several projects on the go at once, that way I don;t get bored. So I decided to do what any good well respecting Doctor Who fan who already has a Tardis and Dalek should do!. A Cyberman, It was a close choice between a Cyberman and K-9, but I don't have the materials yet for K-9 so I figured Cyberman should be next.
I have a voice changer helmet that I am going to modify (repaint, build the back of the helmet) and to really get me in the mood I decided to start on the chest.

196873_1743488381823_1077131127_31621722_5220815_n.jpg

Heres also a little clip of the dalek eye I am working on. Click on image to see video.

Last edited:
Re: Started work on Cyberman costume.

after looking a lot at the first attempt at the Cyber symbol I realise that the C stands out to far from the backing, I think it would be better using the thiner foam for the C. ON the one I have done the C is about 1 cm thick, it looks like it should only be a few mm.

Ok finaly a new photo to show you all.
This took me an hour this morning. hope you like it.
1-3.jpg

I know the C is backward, it is a mirror image, and I think the whole C disk is too big, I will make a smaller one now I have the body part to go by.

Although I still prefer the older designs (Mark V?), really glad to see someone blazing this particular trail w/ foam. Off to a great start ... keep us posted! :thumbsup

Me like a lot, but to be honest I think the center circle is about 15 percent too large in comparison to the helmet :\ The outer diameter of the circle is approximately the outer size of the eyes. But I don´t think that will take away from the overall look.

I totaly agree about the center circle. I made that the other day before I had started on the body, and in the photo it is just held on with tape. Now I have the body made I can make the Cyberman C a much better match in size. But thank you for pointing that out to me I really appreciate it, as I want this to be a spot on as possible.
cheers!!...

cyberman2-1.jpg

not sure why i put red eyes in mine..unfortunatly im to fat to make a cyber costume. i would recomend getting a 12 inch action figure and scaleing that up.

Tsk..looks nothing like Phil!

Seriously, nice work so far.:thumbsup

Here's a few pics I took from the recent DW exhibition, which might be useful:

The helmet is a toy voice changer from England, my parents got a few for me and my boy last year. You can find them on Ebay.

Here's a small update of the C chest plate.
2-2.jpg

This is the right size, and I have made a point of noting what dishes and plates I used to get all the right sized circles. This is just a test, I will make the proper one tomorrow with the nice sloped edges and stuff.

oh and thanks for the pics, My son and I have most of the Doctor Who toys so I can use those for refference. Was thinking of maybe turning this into a cyber controler because then I can light up the eyes.

Ok, so big mess up today, well I say today, I guess it happened the day I started the arm, and I only gave into the mistake now. I was trying to keep the arm simple, but after adding the pipe I come to realise that it doesn't look right. So I tried to fix it, but the end result is lets say not to my liking. It is ok but honestly I think/Know I can do better, and like anyone who knows me knows, unless I can look at something and say I gave it my all, I am not happy with it. So I will be restarting the arm. On the good side though, this has really helped me and allowed me to figure out a much better way to do the arms. Will keep you all updated.
DSCF2257.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back