Spider Man costume, how much puff paint?

Meathead316

Hi
I plan on getting a The Amazing Spider Man 2 suit soon (from where/who exactly im not sure but it WONT be from ebay!)

I will then puff paint the details on, only thing is im not sure how much i need...

Black webs and front spider
Blue brick work
Red back spider
(Do you do red brick work??)

The only size bottles I can find are 37ml, but may be able to get a discount for a bulk buy so would need to buy all i require at one time.

So how much of each colour (approximately) will i need?

Thanks

If you're using the Tulip Puff Paint, I suggest all larger sized bottles (4oz., I believe):
- 2 Royal Deep Blue
- 2 Metallic Black
- Maybe a smaller size for the red, since I only used it for the back spider and none on the red brick pattern

If you're using the Tulip Puff Paint, I suggest all larger sized bottles (4oz., I believe):
- 2 Royal Deep Blue
- 2 Metallic Black
- Maybe a smaller size for the red, since I only used it for the back spider and none on the red brick pattern

Hi, I have the same question. I'm planning to puff paint a TASM1 suit. I'll chose deep red, black and navy blue. but how much of each colour will i need?

- 2 Royal Deep Blue
- 2 Metallic Black

There is no Royal Deep Blue, there is Royal blue and Navy blue (which is darker than royal)
Why do you suggest 4oz bottles? aren't the 1.25 bottles easier to apply more accurately and have a better flow? this is what I read on Amazon.

Hi dude ! My size is 170 cm.
for one suit, I use the same color ( black ) for the red and blue section.
So I will take 6 bottle metallics black puffy paint 118 ml and one bottle of slick true red 37 ml for the back spider.
I don't want to use puffy paint for front spider so I have make my urethane spider my self.

For your suit, I advice :
- slick red 37 ml.
- 2 metallics black 118 for red section ( maybe more, be careful )
- 4 slick navy blue 118 ml

it's better to have a reserve for the paint.

Hi dude ! My size is 170 cm.
for one suit, I use the same color ( black ) for the red and blue section.
So I will take 6 bottle metallics black puffy paint 118 ml and one bottle of slick true red 37 ml for the back spider.
I don't want to use puffy paint for front spider so I have make my urethane spider my self.

For your suit, I advice :
- slick red 37 ml.
- 2 metallics black 118 for red section ( maybe more, be careful )
- 4 slick navy blue 118 ml

it's better to have a reserve for the paint.

Are you sure? It seems too much of the blue, that's like 0.5L puff paint (is the suit that heavy?)
I might be wring, can someone else confirm it please?

BTW: I would use Matte Black for the webbing, metallic looks too silvery for my liking, slick is too shiny. The movie suit has Matte Black webbing.

Are you sure? It seems too much of the blue, that's like 0.5L puff paint (is the suit that heavy?)
I might be wring, can someone else confirm it please?

BTW: I would use Matte Black for the webbing, metallic looks too silvery for my liking, slick is too shiny. The movie suit has Matte Black webbing.

you have a lot of blue, I think you will short with 3 navy blue.
try and you take more if you need!
the suit is not heavy even if its totally paint ( asm suit )

- 2 Royal Deep Blue
- 2 Metallic Black

MoMoney86;3282555 said 2 and you are saying 4. I don't know how much I would need (that's why I want to know). Can someone with experience confirm it please? I can't buy locally, I would need to order them online and would take 2 weeks to arrive.

BTW: I would use a very small tip (0.3mm) for the blue parts

The brick pattern is NOT blue. Is very thin black. Check out Lunaman's photo:
ultimate-amazing-spider-man-2-suit-project-amazing-spiderman-2-costume-glove-jpg-319775d1399142080

Hi
I just can't decide which color I should puff paint the webbing.
Does Tulip Matte Black look more movie accurate than Metallic black?
please help

Didn't want to make a new thread, but I'm wondering the same thing, 3xcept only the webs. How much black will I need? People say two 4oz bottles. But everyone says to do two layers for webbing since first kind of soaks in and sticks out more than anything else. So is 8oz for two layers or just one layer?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back