Shredder - TMNT - My first build ever!

Thanks for taking the time to looks and comment. i appreciate it. I hope more awesome things are to come.

this looks great dude! wish you could be our Shredder for our Turtle group in London in 4 weeks! lol.... my friend is 75% finished on our movie version Ninja Turtle suits :)

My goodness that is FANTASTIC!! You've done an awesome job.

I'm a little jealous too. I made my own Utrom Shredder a few years ago now before I discovered pepakura and it was kinda lousy. Not bad for my first vacuform project but not nearly as good as what you've put together.

Wow, you've made me want to go back and do it again now! :D

That is brilliant. You did a great job on the Pepakura. I do have a couple questions for you.

Why did you leave it Rough? The hammered metal look is great but I though Shredder always had a more polished look.

My other question was why did you should Smooth-cast over Fiber glass resin?

For future project using Smooth cast Smooth-on has a California shop called Reynolds
https://www.reynoldsam.com

Still looks awesome!

this looks great dude! wish you could be our Shredder for our Turtle group in London in 4 weeks! lol.... my friend is 75% finished on our movie version Ninja Turtle suits :)
Buy me a ticket, i'll take the time off work! I'd love to get to your side of the pond. not to mention it would be fantastic to see the turtle suits done and together.

My goodness that is FANTASTIC!! You've done an awesome job.

I'm a little jealous too. I made my own Utrom Shredder a few years ago now before I discovered pepakura and it was kinda lousy. Not bad for my first vacuform project but not nearly as good as what you've put together.

Wow, you've made me want to go back and do it again now! :D
You should totally rebuild it. I know nothing of vacuum forming, but wish i did. it seems like a great process. theres plenty of things i'd like to mod or redo on my shredder... i just need some motivation to do it. i've been thinking of selling it though. between the helm, shoulders, skirt, chest, & back, it takes up a TON of room.

Why did you leave it Rough? The hammered metal look is great but I though Shredder always had a more polished look.
LOL. because i ran out of time. i work 9 hour days m-f and finished this off in a little over 2 weeks, i slept for about 2 hours a day to get it done in time for SDCC. even then, i never fiberglassed the skirt, just primed and painted and hot glued repairs every night.

My other question was why did you should Smooth-cast over Fiber glass resin?
I ended up not using it, but i bought it based off the stealth tutorials. its pot life sucked. lol. but i'm using it on another project to make molds for some carbon fiber stands i'm going to be making.

thanks for the link and info!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

LOL. because i ran out of time. i work 9 hour days m-f and finished this off in a little over 2 weeks, i slept for about 2 hours a day to get it done in time for SDCC. even then, i never fiberglassed the skirt, just primed and painted and hot glued repairs every night.

LOL I totally know how you feel. I have done that for every costume I have made so far.

I ended up not using it, but i bought it based off the stealth tutorials. its pot life sucked. lol. but i'm using it on another project to make molds for some carbon fiber stands i'm going to be making.

thanks for the link and info!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

No problem. Hope that link helps.

The 3 Minute pot life is great for rotto-casting! and small objects.

Keep up the great work.

I was working with Steve, keeping him awake and helping here and there while I worked on my own project. I thought some in-thread pics were deserved.

3247106.jpg

3247109.jpg

3248016.jpg

No need for embarasing pictures to be posted. I let you beat me in Carcassonne last night. :lol good thing it appears they arent showing up.

EDIT: I think you were trying to post these:
20121103_004738.jpg

20121103_004732.jpg

20121103_004752.jpg

Deloreanz Was a huge help. Its always good to have great help. Cant wait to see his pepakura project completed!

Last edited:
I tried a different technique here and loved it. I print with tabs like normal, but when i cut out each piece, i cut off all the tabs unless its (about) a 90 degree bend. i then like up the two edges and run a "weld bead" of hot glue on the inside. I also don't score any of the fold lines unless the also are 90 degrees. I think this turned out significantly better.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back