data-ad-slot="5185789655">
Subscribe
  1. Sharpshooter55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Clarkston, MI
    Messages
    190
    Oct 16, 2012, 4:44 PM - Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #1

    Hey there fellas!

    So, this is my first official costume that I've created a build thread for here on the RPF. Really impressed with the site. Everyone's willing to help out and share the LOADS of collective knowledge! I stumbled upon this site a few months ago when I was looking for any and all information on an Amazing Spider-Man suit. That idea quickly faded away when I got it in my head to do a 'Young Joe,' costume instead.

    This was definitely a lot of fun to do. It was a terrific learning experience, as every component ti the build was really trial and error. It was the first time ever REALLY using the power tools I have at my disposal, such as my new favorite, Dremel.

    As far as the design and ideas behind the Blunderbuss I want to give a huge shout-out to FakeBritishAccent! I could not have done this without his awesome thread detailing his build.

    My build thread for the costume and blunderbuss can be found here:

    http://www.therpf.com/f24/looper-you...pdated-159685/

    In my build thread I go into pretty good detail about every aspect of the build!

    On to the results!












    Thanks for taking the time to give it a look!
    Last edited by Sharpshooter55; Oct 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM. Reason: more info
  2. data-ad-slot="4313291280">
    data-ad-slot="8398578428">
  3. El Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    From
    California
    Messages
    732
    Oct 16, 2012, 5:56 PM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #2

    Fantastic!
  4. Moonriser Sundowner's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Shadow
    Messages
    5,676
    Oct 16, 2012, 5:58 PM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #3

    Just awesome!
  5. Sharpshooter55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Clarkston, MI
    Messages
    190
    Oct 17, 2012, 1:24 AM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #4

    El Fett said: View Post
    Fantastic!
    Sundowner said: View Post
    Just awesome!
    Thanks!
  6. Lunaman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Messages
    1,230
    Oct 17, 2012, 6:52 AM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #5

    Told you you had my vote and I meant it. This is wonderful!
  7. Sharpshooter55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Clarkston, MI
    Messages
    190
    Oct 17, 2012, 10:33 AM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #6

    Lunaman said: View Post
    Told you you had my vote and I meant it. This is wonderful!
    Thank you, sir!
  8. RPF Premium Member Rdmaul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    From
    Chandler, AZ
    Messages
    784
    Oct 17, 2012, 10:34 AM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #7

    Friggin Badass!!! Now this is what I am talking about!
  9. Sharpshooter55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Clarkston, MI
    Messages
    190
    Oct 17, 2012, 10:41 AM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #8

    Rdmaul said: View Post
    Friggin Badass!!! Now this is what I am talking about!
    Thanks man! Doesn't even come close to comparing with your insanely accurate Bane!
  10. RPF Premium Member Rdmaul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    From
    Chandler, AZ
    Messages
    784
    Oct 17, 2012, 10:52 AM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #9

    Sharpshooter55 said: View Post
    Thanks man! Doesn't even come close to comparing with your insanely accurate Bane!
    You know what I disagree! I am a HUGE fan of subtle costumes and this movie was awesome. You have portrayed the character to a T and the components of the costume are great, needless to say you have my vote!

    You need to find a older bald guy to do Old Joe with you!
  11. Sharpshooter55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Clarkston, MI
    Messages
    190
    Oct 17, 2012, 11:09 AM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #10

    Rdmaul said: View Post
    You know what I disagree! I am a HUGE fan of subtle costumes and this movie was awesome. You have portrayed the character to a T and the components of the costume are great, needless to say you have my vote!

    You need to find a older bald guy to do Old Joe with you!
    My Dad is actually considering it! The great part is, we look alike, and he's already bald! Actually...we're exactly 30 years apart too, haha. Just having a hell of a time finding a 'good enough,' leather jacket for him.

    Thanks again!
    Last edited by Sharpshooter55; Oct 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: new info
  12. aeonpulse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    From
    LV-426
    Messages
    1,506
    Oct 17, 2012, 11:12 AM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #11

    This is absolutely amazing. Great work on the costume, and I love the cornfield shots! Plus that blunderbuss looks awesome. Fantastic work! Would love to see you and your pops as Old Joe, side by side!

    Also, congrats on the comment from Rian!
  13. Sharpshooter55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Clarkston, MI
    Messages
    190
    Oct 17, 2012, 11:28 AM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #12

    aeonpulse said: View Post
    This is absolutely amazing. Great work on the costume, and I love the cornfield shots! Plus that blunderbuss looks awesome. Fantastic work! Would love to see you and your pops as Old Joe, side by side!

    Also, congrats on the comment from Rian!
    Thanks a ton! Just as soon as I find something that will work for his costume, I'll try to post pics!

    I completely geeked out when he tweeted me back. It feels nice to have his approval, haha.
  14. Lunaman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Messages
    1,230
    Oct 17, 2012, 9:13 PM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #13

    Hey Sharpshooter, thanks again for documenting your costume build and sources. Because of your example, I received some very cool boxes in the mail today! (already had the Gat )
    Cheers. This is so damn cool.
  15. Sharpshooter55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Clarkston, MI
    Messages
    190
    Oct 17, 2012, 9:43 PM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #14

    Lunaman said: View Post
    Hey Sharpshooter, thanks again for documenting your costume build and sources. Because of your example, I received some very cool boxes in the mail today! (already had the Gat )
    Cheers. This is so damn cool.
    That's awesome! That gat looks like a beauty, sir. Make sure and keep us all updated on your blunderbuss build! And good luck taking that jacket off, I don't think it's seen a hanger since I've owned it, ha.
  16. Lunaman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Messages
    1,230
    Oct 17, 2012, 10:29 PM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #15

    Sharpshooter55 said: View Post
    That's awesome! That gat looks like a beauty, sir. Make sure and keep us all updated on your blunderbuss build! And good luck taking that jacket off, I don't think it's seen a hanger since I've owned it, ha.
    Hahaha, thanks! And I will! (The Gat's just a non-firing Peacemaker replica, but it pretty well looks the part and it's much easier to spin around than the beast from the film.)
    I know exactly what you mean about the jacket, it's been on my shoulders since the moment I cut the logo off. I'm assuming the sleeves will break in a bit?

    Also, you know what I noticed while wearing it? The jacket is more than a little reminiscent of Bruce Willis' baseball-style jacket from Pulp Fiction. As if the Willis connection didn't run deep enough already.


    I mean, COME ON. Man, Looper's a cool film.
    Last edited by Lunaman; Oct 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM.
  17. Sharpshooter55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Clarkston, MI
    Messages
    190
    Oct 17, 2012, 10:46 PM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #16

    Lunaman said: View Post
    Hahaha, thanks! And I will! (The Gat's just a non-firing Peacemaker replica, but it pretty well looks the part and it's much easier to spin around than the beast from the film.)
    I know exactly what you mean about the jacket, it's been on my shoulders since the moment I cut the logo off. I'm assuming the sleeves will break in a bit?

    Also, you know what I noticed while wearing it? The jacket is more than a little reminiscent of Bruce Willis' baseball-style jacket from Pulp Fiction. As if the Willis connection didn't run deep enough already.


    I mean, COME ON. Man, Looper's a cool film.
    Haha, it certainly is a bit reminiscent.

    The sleeves will eventually break in. That's actually why I've been wearing the jacket so much. A quick go around in the wash and it softens it up a bit. Just avoid washing too much, I've heard rumors that these jackets wear out easily.
  18. Lunaman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Messages
    1,230
    Oct 17, 2012, 10:51 PM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #17

    Sharpshooter55 said: View Post
    The sleeves will eventually break in. That's actually why I've been wearing the jacket so much. A quick go around in the wash and it softens it up a bit. Just avoid washing too much, I've heard rumors that these jackets wear out easily.
    Excellent, thanks for the tip!
  19. Sharpshooter55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Clarkston, MI
    Messages
    190
    Oct 22, 2012, 8:04 PM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #18

    More pics of the blunderbuss nearing completion.



  20. "M" Michael Bergeron's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Everybody's lost but me!
    Messages
    12,392
    Nov 1, 2012, 4:50 PM - Re: Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry #19

    This entry is complete.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Aug 22, 2013, 11:28 AM
  2. TheProhammer 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry
    TheProhammer, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 5, 2012, 7:20 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Nov 5, 2012, 9:42 AM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Nov 5, 2012, 5:28 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 2, 2012, 4:06 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12