Republic Commando - TZA Armor

A small update.

After endless patching and sanding I have completed the forearms. The corrections are seen at the gray color. The gauntlets are bonded with a 2-component adhesive.

fm2sk7tl.jpg

Like in the game, you can look between the gauntlet and the armor.

Last edited:
To check the accurate high-poly version of my RC-helmet (modeling in 3ds max), I have glued the corresponding Pepakura version together.

r7gjbqrq.jpg

The scaling of the helmet was successful. Here and there a few small changes and the template will done for a 3D printer or 5-axis milling machine.

As soon as I have a high-poly RC helmet, it will be a better Pepakura version. But it can still take a long time.

Last edited:
I dont know. While what you have done looks good, I in no way have had any issues with the kit which I purchased through TZA. The helmet is amazing and nice and thick being rotocast. Yes some of the parts do have the lines near the edge where the buck was released but thats to be expected with any Vac forming.

While it may not be your intent, its almost as if you're attacking the work of Skip and Talon with the kit. I know they work hard and offer to do what they can to fix any problems however it appears you rather turn down that, and point out small flaws which you find (example in the forearm. You say tons of sanding and work done as shown by gray...but I really dont see much work done on it).

Good luck on your kit and I can understand being picky..but at this point it comes off more like whining and having a vendetta against TZA

I do not know which quality you're accustomed, but the deep forming quality could be better. If I compare the quality of the OCSC vs TZA, this point goes clear to OCSC.

You see every part of the wooden layers of the mold. I believe some mold cavities haven't any small holes, to get a better forming result.

A comparison of the helmet and resin quality from PA and TZA show me that PA have a higher standard.

Ergo: I have made ​​all resin parts new and sharp.
The same for the helmet. Wait and see what happens! :cool

is this thread a bash TZA armor thread??? it is always easier to make something better when you have it in your hands than it is too build something from scratch looking at pictures.

VERY NICE!!!

You could have saved a lot of time by simply buying my SEV, which I have up FS in the JY, but hey...to each his own, riiight ? :lol

Markus

thank you for your pep ligoap.

do you plan to make the add ons light and radio as shown in the pic below ?

Last edited:
I like Ligonap's taste for perfection, but bashing TZA is something else, I just modify the parts I bought, some need more work dan other parts, but the armor is well enough, at least that's what I think.

To be honest I didn't like the helmet eaither, but with all the parts I got with the armor, you could see the helmet as free throw-in.

I bondoed most of the ridges on the helmet and relocated them, not an impossible task if you ask me, other than that RC's are known for their rough looking armor, I took some advantadge in that.

I just finished my bacic TZA Fixer armor last weekend, already busy on the pack, though the PA helmet looks tremendously awesome, I'm more than happy with TZA's helmet (because I modified it myself), I think it's just matter of how you personalize it, some parts just need more attention than others.

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

257527_223974154289180_100000297921193_892372_4124078_o.jpg

The vizor is temporary by the way, still looking for a blue-tinted face-shield.

Nevertheless Ligonap , you're doing a great job also on your dc-17

Last edited:
I am about to start building a set of RC armor I have had for quite some time from PA. After looking at the detail you are putting into your build, I am hoping to never be at the same event you are so as to not take away from the beauty of your workmanship. Hugh Props on your work and skill.

Rick
Orlando, FL

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back