Pepakura Scout Trooper helmet....done!!

Re: pep bikerscout helmet pics

Wow I just looked at the 3rd photo and you almost cannot tell that it's pepakura at all. About how many coats of bondo did you layer on it? It almost looks vacuformed in that photo. It's just sooooo smooth.

lol i used whatever it took to make it look like that (wink wink)...i work in an autobody shop so i have what i need ...just so happened that someone was sprayin black primer so thats why it is black at the moment...more work to go...i added the little edge on the front with filler and made the indentations on the back....

oh and i do have about 12 hours into it...patience is the key

Last edited:

Impressive, most impressive. Was this assembled at the default scale? Also, did you cut the helmet so the front lifts vertically on the hinge?

it is very close to scale but slightly smaller...its for my five yr old son...and no it is not cut, but i did think about it (a few times)

Dang, I pepped the mask of this helmet and quit there cause I didn't think I could make it look like that!!!

Let me know if you'd ever fix one up for me, I can't afford those fancy ABS Plastic ones, :D

Amazing work :thumbsup

5006-not-accurate-but-added-some-extra-detail-back.jpg

Gorgeous helmet!

Is there a way to split the face/bucket portion to allow the face plate flip??

Wow! The new paint job and sharp details really capture the vacuum formed look. Did you use auto paint or some gloss enamel?

I thought about using automotive paint but we use water base paint now on cars and takes a little more time to paint. I just picked up a can of spray paint, actually appliance epoxy...what you would use on a fridge or stove. That is only the first coat, i'll probably spray one more and that should be good enough...it doesn't look perfect but i think it looks pretty good for the first one i have ever done.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back