PaulEscolar's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry - Marsellus Wallace (Pulp Fiction)

PaulEscolar

"Does He Look like a B*tch?!" - Post-Rape Marsellus Wallace from "Pulp Fiction"(1994) .

I'm not a costumer, or regular con' builder - Just for halloween! No sewing experience or any other prop building skills, but i do tend to learn a new craft every halloween - this year was Leather Crafting! Didn't have time to document or take proper finished photos this year as it was all done within 48-72 hours before going out. Hopefully my Proof photo will suffice, Since i refuse to put on all that make up again, haha.

----------------------

PulpFiction_Best_Halloween_Costume_MarsellusWallace_72dpi.jpg

PulpFiction_Marsellus_Screenshot2.jpg

PulpFiction_Best_Halloween_Costume_MarsellusWallace2_72dpi.jpg

IMG_3564.jpeg

----------------------

Accessories :

- Gold Earrings. My ears are still pierced. and Band Aid behind his head of course.

IMG_3551.JPG

- Brown Bianchi X15 Holster for .45 sized pistol. Got it on ebay for $35, I think this is the accurate one he wore in the movie, as far as i could determine from screen grabs.

IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_3553.JPG

- Leather Mouth Ball Gag and Pair of Bondage Bracelets. Picked up some leather strapping, scraps, Rivets, hardware and tools from Tandy Leather Factory. This this was my first try at leather and i felt everything turned out great. Rivets for mouth Gag are not as big in diameter as the ones in the movie and i miscalculated a bit in some places. The Rubber Ball was the hardest thing to source without walking into an Adult "Bookstore" and dropping lots of $$$. No luck a toystores with right sized super balls, no luck in Petstores. I ended up using $0.50 cent foam Clown noses, and dipping them in Rubber Plasti-Dip.

IMG_3389.JPG

IMG_3371.JPG

IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3457.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

- Gun - After being Raped, Marsellus Picks up Maynard's 12ga Remington Police Riot Shotgun and blow's off Zed's crotch. You don't know how difficult this gun was to find in Toy Version Locally. I ended up with some "Western" Rifle instead, and Painted it with acrylics- No one noticed.

Clothing:

- Pants + Belt from Salvation Army , $6.50. The Pleated Dress Pants i found were the right micro-weave texture as his suit in the movie, but they were too "cool grey". It might've been just movie lighting, but i wanted to give it a taupe/tan/warmer tint, so I RIT dyed the Pants. Riveted the belt to the Pants so they could stay affixed and be left unbuckled. I also butchered a pair of suspenders to just hold up the front of the pants, to give the "I-just-got-raped-and-dont-have-time-to-do-pull-my-pants-up" "sagging" effect while never falling down. It might've been excessive and too obscure, But i also Ducktaped my Ankles and split them with a knife, as if i were taped to a chair moments ago...yeah i like to tell a story with details.

IMG_3449.JPG

- Shirt . This was the hardest thing to mentally tackle. Where was i suppose to find a weird Chef-Dress-shirt-type, Double Breasted, Asymetrical type shirt...AND IN ORANGE?!! This was definitely custom made for Marsellus. I ended up getting a $12.99 Reg Dress shirt at Walmart, 3 sizes too big for me, so i could pull it across my chest. I cut off the collar and made it "mandarin" and figured out a way to Fold/Pleat/handsew the button area to look like his custom shirt with as little sewing/deconstruction as possible. Turned out Great. Then I dyed it the right orange. And I spray dyed Blood stains behind his sweat drenched neck and a spot in the front from his nosebleed. Lastly I spritzs-prayed 50/50 Glycerin on sweat-areas to give it some shine and make it permanently sweaty.

IMG_3436.JPG

IMG_3463.JPG

IMG_3560.JPG

- Shoes- Theres no real clear shots of his shoes in the movie, except when he's laying knocked-out in the pawn shop, and when he gets hauled away in the chair to get raped by Zed. From what i was able to see, they were Brown/maybe oxblood, cap-toed and had maybe 3/6 lace holes, squarish toe. I wanted to think that Marsellus wallace would be a Brown Monk Strap person, definitely Stacy Adams.... But i already had good enough shoes for the outfit.

IMG_3561.JPG

MAKE - UP - First time doing make-up. I got the darkest Foundation and Powder from Walgreens, Plastic Bald Caps and Prosaide Adhesive from KRYOLAN SF and some halloween store stage blood.

--------------------

OK, I talk to much, Thanks for looking!

-Paul

Last edited:
Re: PaulEscolar's 2012 Halloween Costume Build - Marsellus Wallace (Pulp Fiction)

Here's a Bonus, Made for my Buddy. "Butch Coolidge" for under $40.

"Step Aside Butch...."

IMG_3470.JPG

Re: PaulEscolar's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry - Marsellus Wallace (Pulp Fict

Not sure how I missed this thread but just wanted to say "wow". Awesome costume and impressive construction, resourcefulness and attention to detail!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back