Need Reference photos and any basic info regarding sewing a dye sub Spiderman costume

Re: Need Reference photos and any basic info regarding sewing a dye sub Spiderman cos

thread is full of good info :D hope it doesnt turn into another fight :/

Re: Need Reference photos and any basic info regarding sewing a dye sub Spiderman cos

So , If I may rephrase my last sentence of the original post : Just saying a little understanding for her decision should be given.
I absolutely understand and respect her decision - no worries or argument whatsoever. :)

Best thread to use is 100% polyester sewing thread. It has some natural stretch. Although, a cotton covered polyester sewing thread will work just fine! Be sure to use a ballpoint needle sometime call a stretch needle in the machine.

Thanks pat0003. I have found something called one side tracing paper for fabric. it can be washed off. You simply trace the seam line on the back of the print. And it will be a lot easier to line up everything. It is cheaper than a lightbox. I found this after I bought a lightbox:cry

The print is amazing.
If anyone wants to sew a couple die sub prints I am your man.

Last edited:

Joelai009

Go to the fabric shops or ay place that sell sewing equipment and get something called a tracing wheel. It will help you transfer the tracing dye much quicker. Be aware that the fade type of tracing paper doesn't last all that long. Plant to stitch it within a day or two of marking. Good luck! I'm putting a Green Lantern together tomorrow!

Hey All:

Found some "sewing for beginners" resources that might be helpful
(for me as well ;) )

Many of these are YouTube videos - the creators/channels for which you may want to subscribe to so you can check out their many other "how to sew" videos.

Teach Yourself to Sew: Equipment 101 - YouTube

How To Use A Sewing Machine FOR DUMMIES

Home Ec Online

How to Use your Sewing Machine (for Beginners) - YouTube

How To Sew For Beginners Part 1 Sewing Machine Safety - YouTube

How to Work your Sewing Machine - YouTube

How to Cut Out Sewing Pattern Pieces - YouTube

Lay Planning - YouTube

Like I said, there are literally HUNDREDS of other videos listed on YouTube. The one's listed above were merely the initial ones I found that I thought would be helpful for us beginners.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Spideyman, any updates?

Hey Spideyman, any updates?
IMG_20120921_143710_zps4fbc39da.jpg

Small update we started the legs by hand stitching them first. Tomorrow we should have more of an update I hope

Last edited:

So no more pictures yet hopefully more to come next week but one interesting thing my seamstress and I decided on is a different way to do the feet. I decided that I am going to have fabric on demand print off just the feet portion of the print, then we are going to take that material and sew it over the aqua shoe except for the sole of course. So in the end the whole suit will be sewn up without built in shoes but shoes you can take on and off but wont be able to tell is separate unless you were really looking close. Then of course if I wanted to sew them on later I could.

Hi, My name's Marc and I had to ask you a question. Could you tell me were to get the pattern whit shadow similar to the Scarlet Spider print costume. My height is 5,10 1\2: You're print is Amazing like Ryan Stegman's art. Nice shadow by the way for the muscles. How can I reach Sonjou if it's him Wow! Thank you.

Best Regards Marc

Hi, My name's Marc and I had to ask you a question. Could you tell me were to get the pattern whit shadow similar to the Scarlet Spider print costume. My height is 5,10 1\2: You're print is Amazing like Ryan Stegman's art. Nice shadow by the way for the muscles. How can I reach Sonjou if it's him Wow! Thank you.

Best Regards Marc
You can get this design by Sonjou right off his website. Here's the link. 4 Neo Design

That's a pretty interested method for adding shoes. I will be following to see how it goes.

I know this thread is a few months old, but i figured i would post my question on here. Now, I don't have 200-300 dollars to spend on getting a suit sewn by a seamstress. So, i would rather buy a sewing machine and just sew it myself (and more in the future as well).
I've been looking over the pattern, and everything is VERY obvious to where it sews together. The only place I'm having a problem with is how the "butt" area is meant to be sewn... does anyone have any clue how to sew that part? here's a picture for reference.
howtosew_zpsd7196ba2.jpg

I'm getting my first print in this week or the next.
I'll do my best to take videos as I go.
I know its not a typical dye sub, but i hopefully itll contribute something.
2m6vk3a.png
[/IMG]

I don't post the full design because design thefts have become ever-growing. sorry. You'll see it in the video :)

I know this thread is a few months old, but i figured i would post my question on here. Now, I don't have 200-300 dollars to spend on getting a suit sewn by a seamstress. So, i would rather buy a sewing machine and just sew it myself (and more in the future as well).
I've been looking over the pattern, and everything is VERY obvious to where it sews together. The only place I'm having a problem with is how the "butt" area is meant to be sewn... does anyone have any clue how to sew that part? here's a picture for reference.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/RINZLERTRON/howtosew_zpsd7196ba2.jpg

Sorry if this is an old thread, but had a question regarding the "diamond" shaped right above the spider logo on the chest...what is that?! do i remove it or stitch it or what? lol

Sorry if this is an old thread, but had a question regarding the "diamond" shaped right above the spider logo on the chest...what is that?! do i remove it or stitch it or what? lol

Cut down a line in the center and stitch the webs together.

That is what is known in sewing as a "dart" designed to conture the fabric along a curve.

Read about them here: Dart (sewing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OR here: How to sew darts: straight, curved, or double pointed | Coletterie

-Nick

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back