My General kael project

It's gonna be mounted on a a cheapo $25 helmet, with chainmail ,faux fur, but without the side wings

I am waiting on the helm and coif as we speak the whole thing should be done by next fri, with kael style pauldrons too lol

Last edited:
I'ts gonna be mounted on a a cheapo $25 helmet, with chainmail ,faux fur, but without the side wings

I am waiting on the helm and coif as we speak the whole thing should be done by next fri, with kael style paudrons too lol

Ooooh that'll be interesting to see.

Fett80 the finished helm looks beautiful! Do you know what kind of skull it was based on? (Or used in the original movie)

Hey,

I've spent about 40+ hours working on a very similiar costume. In fact the same costume.

Before you drop it in the mold check the proportions of the mask you are building., from the profile it looks a little off.

Good luck with the rest of the costume. Mine has been sitting at 80% done for about six months.

Hey,

I've spent about 40+ hours working on a very similiar costume. In fact the same costume.

Before you drop it in the mold check the proportions of the mask you are building., from the profile it looks a little off.

Good luck with the rest of the costume. Mine has been sitting at 80% done for about six months.

I am molding the mask as I write this message:) I have tried to make it the most accurate I could by taking all the picture I could of Kael while listening to the movie. It is not perfect, but it is really close.

The final product will be cast in eurethane. Witch is a hard plastic. It will fit my face perfecly, but will fit anybody's face as well. The teeth are molded in a diferent mold but will be made of the same material

I am gonna make the rest of the helmet as well. I will continue to post pictures of my progress. I really want to push myself on this one. I have made the ornament on the forehead already and will start working on the horns as soon as I demold it.

I dont know yet how I am gonna make the helmet underneath. Because it look like it is a super tight fit and it's make of leather. I have never worked with leather before so I am not sure I want to go that way.

For the fur part of the helmet I have not figured out what I am gonna use. Any info on what they have used would be very nice.

Thanks guys for the feedback!!

Last edited:
Hey,

I would LOVE to see some pictures:love

Well my piece is starting to really look like General kael, even if the face isnt quite right. I need to color the fur (actual rabbit fur from craft store) color the crest a bit, and finally add the side wings.
and the pauldrons are cardboard, fiberglass, and aluminum tape
Photo-0051.jpg

update with crest, and trimmed beard
Photo-0054.jpg

Last edited:
Well my piece is starting to really look like General kael, even if the face isnt quite right. I need to color the fur (actual rabbit fur from craft store) color the crest a bit, and finally add the side wings.
and the pauldrons are cardboard, fiberglass, and aluminum tape
Photo-0051.jpg

update with crest, and trimmed beard
Photo-0054.jpg

Nice Jenni! You really have to dye his forehead hair, because right now, he look like a dead Santa Claus! But otherwise it look pretty good! Glad you share the love for this caracter.

Nice jenni!!

I manage my first pull today. Not bad but at the same time, I screw up my teeth mold. So I will have to wait a little more before seeing the mask with teeth.

Last edited:
Update on my helm!

Finished
weighs about 10 lbs and is very uncomfortable while wearing glasses.
Photo-0058.jpg

Very nice! You got to add the horns.Where did you get the chainmail??I

On my side I manage to install those teeth now I had to redo the mold otherwise every cast where full of bubbles. Very happy of the result:)

Last edited:
Very nice! You got to add the horns.Where did you get the chainmail??I

On my side I manage to install those teeth now I had to redo the mold otherwise every cast where full of bubbles. Very happy of the result:)

right here. http://www.realarmorofgod.com/store/html/Products/Armor/Medieval-Armor/Chainmail-Coif-114.html
It's not the best quality, but it works great!

Unfortunately due to literally bolting the mask onto the helmet and nearly breaking the mask in the prossess adding the side pieces is now virtually impossible.

Last edited:
Some more pictures!! Today, I have made the horns. This really start to look like Kael. I am gonna fix them on the vizor tomorrow. After that, I will do the paint job.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back