My 2nd foam Bane mask WIP DONE!!!!!!

Ericqueen

I just want to share may 2nd bane mask. Its better than the first one. I modified my old template. Extended the jaw part so i can put a under chin. And made some better pipes that kinda look like the movie version. Just wanted to look like,at least 80% from the TDKR movie. :)

Last edited:
Re: My 2nd foam Bane mask WIP

How do you get the foam to curve? Do you have any templates that you would be willing to share?

This is awesome! I love your method for making the grooves in the tube, never even would have occurred to me. You definitely improved the proportions from your first one. I don't suppose you'll be making your revised templates available again?

This is awesome! I love your method for making the grooves in the tube, never even would have occurred to me. You definitely improved the proportions from your first one. I don't suppose you'll be making your revised templates available again?

Thank you. :) Feel free to use the first picture as reference for template. I dont know how to make a printable one. hehe. If ever you make the mask,please post some pics here. I just like seeing you guys work and also learn something from you.

Enjoy making it. :)

Awesome, thank you! :) I most certainly will. Two of my friends asked for Bane Masks for Halloween, and this looks like an easy way to do that. So I'm gonna give it a go! Have you finished this second one? The first one didn't look too bad, and this one looks super awesome so far :)

How do you get the foam to curve? Do you have any templates that you would be willing to share?

I used a hair drier as a heater the shape the curves. Just use the first picture as a template. have fun. Dont forget to post you WIP pics here. Thanks.

I love your mask man! I'm making one myself through a combination of bondo, foam and spare parts. Bit of a mess but hopefully it'll look okay! Here's the last progress pic I took :)

I was wondering if you could explain the details of how you made the mouth pipes? They look like pvc...if so what diameter, how did you go about cutting/bending/ribbing them etc? Yours are among the closest I've seen to the real mask :)

Damn, man, that looks so clean; really great work. Mine's the opposite; might as well call it battle damage and be done with it. I also noticed I made my sides not tall enough, so I'll be supplementing in some creative fashion.

Damn, man, that looks so clean; really great work. Mine's the opposite; might as well call it battle damage and be done with it. I also noticed I made my sides not tall enough, so I'll be supplementing in some creative fashion.

Thank you. :) I discovered a lot as i go work on the mask. Im taking it slow so i wont mess it up. hehe. I made another pattern. Ill post it here again when im done. Hows your bane mask going?

Finally!!! Done with those black jaw hoses. All i need now are those two small silver rings on those black hoses. And those circle studs or rings on those hose holders on the head part. Then im done. :)

I wish i still have time to make the bane vest. I'll try to make that leather gauntlet though.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back