Mortal Kombat Sektor/Cyrax Cyberninja Helmet

Technomancer

I know questions regarding this costume have been touched on before, though not recently. I was curious if, based on the picture, anyone might have any suggestions or answers on the materials used and how to go about shaping/constructing it? If the answer isn't apparent/obvious then at least ideas on material and process would be great. Also if someone knows the facemask used below the eyes in the Sektor model, that'd be greatly appreciated. Looking to make a mold after completion

5168453014_a73987dcb6_o.jpg

I second the paintball mask thought.
The helmet itself seems to be made out of some form of plastic or maybe sintra perhaps. It seems to be one of those heat it up to bend type of materials in my noobish opinion

It isn't the same model used in MK2, this is the model used, and MK2 human ninjas were the only MK series to use a paintball mask theme.That being said, it is still likely a paintball mask, and I looked up JT I agree they bear many similarities.. so it's probable it's the same make, but no model close enough yet that I can see.
1097174394_4240022624.jpg

Well... if anyone get's an inkling at the model used, feel free to let me know.

GeneralJuan: Thanks on the sintra suggestion, i'm not familiar with it but i'll look it up. It doesn't look hand sculpted inasmuch as it looks formed from bending. I really don't know how to do that, so does anyone have any other input on the helmet outside the mask, or suggestions as to how it was sculpted (any guides that explain that type of technique) For someone inexperienced to learn? Thanks

Heres a JT BMX mask, also sold now as an airsoft mask. Pretty similar. With some mods it could look good.
$%28KGrHqF,%21jEE1nmy0JL6BNdDRud1Bw%7E%7E_35.JPG

51SU4tOns-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Yeah same story as the JT Whipper, there are similarities but its too different, from the directions on the sides of the cheeks, to the fact it's raised around it, and there are no holes above the line running above. That last one is easy enough to amend but the shape, raised parts and direction of the holes is just too much, it needs to be identical...

09a2_1.JPG

The armor that Cyrax and Sektor wore was BMX armor, wasn't it? Wouldn't surprise me if the base for the face mask was another piece of BMX armor.

The armor that Cyrax and Sektor wore was BMX armor, wasn't it? Wouldn't surprise me if the base for the face mask was another piece of BMX armor.
It wouldn't surprise me either, if it's not airsoft it could be BMX... still need to know the make/model, which is a drop in a bathtub of possible options....

BUMP, I wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions for tutorials or any other reference to working with Sintra or something similar to shape it like it was done in the picture provided. I don't have pepakura as a real option since this was from the MK3 costume, anyone have any ideas or are able to perhaps explain the process from observation? I'd rather not do "trial and error" but i've got cardstock to work with.

BUMP, I wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions for tutorials or any other reference to working with Sintra or something similar to shape it like it was done in the picture provided. I don't have pepakura as a real option since this was from the MK3 costume, anyone have any ideas or are able to perhaps explain the process from observation? I'd rather not do "trial and error" but i've got cardstock to work with.
Hi Technomancer,

I was ust wondering if you have had any luck making your sektor/cyrax mask? I am working on the same proect and have still got to finish the helmet for haloween.

If you fimished your helmet I was hoping you would be able to give me some tips. I have got a paintball mask but I am struggling to get the right shape with additions and deciding on a material to achieve the best results

I have got guitar leads for the hair which are almost perfect... I did not manage to get sinsalo armour and the armour I did get was too small. Really struggling with the helmet though and if it is done right the whole costume will look sweet.

Reagrds

Michael Butler
- michaeljohnbutler@hotmail.co.uk -

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back