Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - with BLINK/FADE LED EYES

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- NEW SEE-THRU LED EYES on pg

Cant wait to hear from you bro! * Peeing with excitement. XD

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- NEW SEE-THRU LED EYES on pg

it is AWESOME do you have an estimated price yet ? i would SOOOOO buy those :D
ans your repulsor
and maybe your helmet ;)

Thanks man :)... yes I have estimated price but I will discuss it in the interest thread because its prohibited here...

Wow!!! Doing an amazing job! Keep up the great work!

Thanks man :):thumbsup

hayop dami pala pinoy dito!!! Ayoz!!!

bro, nice build! im starting on my pep build, but after seeing your build, im junking mine! pa pm ng cell number bro, tawagan kita. Im from laguna too. ;)

Oh dont junk your build... I'm sure you'll do good with it... keep building...:):thumbsup

hey projectearth, what are the materials that you are using in making molds and the prices of each material in php. thanks

bro check out this site... Fiberglass, Polyester Resin Manufacturer in the Philippines... all the materials you need you may inquire from them directly... :):thumbsup

Cant wait to hear from you bro! * Peeing with excitement. XD

PM coming soon...:):thumbsup

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- NEW BACK PIECE MAGNET

So I started installing the back-piece magnets...

I ordered rare-earth magnets online (dia 8mm x T 3mm)... This magnets are so powerful compared to the magnets I used last time which I just bought from a craft store...:D
DSC03694.jpg

I drilled holes on the edges I designed the magnet to sit...
DSC03670.jpg

4 sets of magnets will be used... actually, I think 3 will do but my OCD kicks in telling me to make it symmetrical... LOL:lol
DSC03671.jpg

I temporarily attached the magnet using super glue...
DSC03678.jpg

Then reinforced it using steel epoxy clay...
DSC03679.jpg

DSC03680.jpg

Then I made a hole (approximately 2mm deep) on the helm for the position of the matching magnets...
DSC03683.jpg

DSC03684.jpg

Again temporarily attached the matching magnets using super glue...
DSC03686.jpg

DSC03687.jpg

And reinforced using steel epoxy clay...
DSC03689.jpg

Finally, test fit the back-piece to the helm...:):thumbsup
DSC03693.jpg

I am very happy with the outcome... back-piece is attached securely to the helm and it wont budge easily...:thumbsup

More to come... cheers

Thanks for watching and for your time...

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy)

additional pep photos...
We noticed that our pep helmet is quite thin so we put some reinforcement inside to widen the head a bit....

Did you use more cardstock to reinforce the helmet? I'm thinking I may need to do this to mine.

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy)

Did you use more cardstock to reinforce the helmet? I'm thinking I may need to do this to mine.

Not really... I just made some tubes (by rolling some cardstock) and put it inside the helm to push both side wall outward... more like putting beams/trusses...:):thumbsup

Nice details on the magnet attachment. I was wondering if three was enough too!! I like your style of OCD!!

BTW the eye setup you developed is just pure genius!

RJ, coming along great. I think I hit it lucky on the timing of you working on yours as I should finally have time to get started on mine next week and should just be a few days behind you on everything, so keep the updates coming. :)

Nice details on the magnet attachment. I was wondering if three was enough too!! I like your style of OCD!!

BTW the eye setup you developed is just pure genius!

Thank you very much...:):thumbsup

RJ, coming along great. I think I hit it lucky on the timing of you working on yours as I should finally have time to get started on mine next week and should just be a few days behind you on everything, so keep the updates coming. :)

Yeah, I kinda got excited to finally continue working on my helm... also it will serve as a guideline for those who got a copy... :):thumbsup

cheers!

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- JAW HINGE

Another of my recent "EUREKA" moment materialized...:)

I just finished attaching the Jaw to the main helm using hinges with the CORRECT pivot point location as accurately referred to the movie helm...:thumbsup
JawPivotPoint.jpg

Pay attention to the correct pivot point...

And this is what I made with mine...
DSC03702.jpg

Closer shot...
DSC03704.jpg

With the hinge I installed, it can actually open more...
DSC03697.jpg

No worries about the parts snapping/breaking coz it's well reinforced...:love:thumbsup

Below is the demo video of how the jaw move smoothly with the hinge I installed...

Kinda like Ironman talking...LOL

Getting closer and closer to my ultimate goal...:love:thumbsup

Thanks for watching and for your time... cheers!

More to come...:)

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- JAW HINGE INSTALLED on pg.2

Amazing bro...amazing. if only my body type is suited for Ironman i'd probably have ordered a set from you already:). keep up the great work pare!

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- JAW HINGE INSTALLED on pg.2

Amazing bro...amazing. if only my body type is suited for Ironman i'd probably have ordered a set from you already:). keep up the great work pare!

Thanks bro... :):thumbsup

I am soo jealous right now.
You know what?
Pm me your address so I can go there and watch your master piece!
I'm at the pi for vacation :)

it looks really good man,to me it looks a 100% accurate haha,like if not now it will be after you finish

Hey Rodson... I'm about to cast another helmet but I've never done it with fiberglass before. How do you cast pieces with fiberglass? Thanks for your help.

Hey RJ, one quick question that's been gnawing at me for awhile. How did you manage to keep the line details and faceplate lines while bondoing and sanding? Did you keep the line while bondoing by using a toothpick? Or did you just eye ball it after using a reference to etch the lines back?

Some of my lines are starting to become covered up with the bondo.

Thanks in advance!!!!

I am soo jealous right now.
You know what?
Pm me your address so I can go there and watch your master piece!
I'm at the pi for vacation :)

I'm inside a cave right now... dont know exact location... I was captured and forced to make weapons... building mark1 now... LOL:lol...

But seriously, where in PI are you spending your vacation?

:thumbsup

Already there in the J... ;):thumbsup

You sir, are a god amongst Ironmen.

Thank you very much... but I'm not a god, I'm just a man... an Ironman... :lol

I just recieved my Projectearth7 Iron Man helmet!
Here is a link to my glowing review!:cheers
http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-mk3-build-149350/index4.html
Thanks for your excellent communication, professionalism and great product!
Sincerely, M

Thanks man... can't wait to see it painted and motorized...:):thumbsup

it looks really good man,to me it looks a 100% accurate haha,like if not now it will be after you finish

Thanks... hopefully I meet the target accuracy when I finally finish...:)

Hey Rodson... I'm about to cast another helmet but I've never done it with fiberglass before. How do you cast pieces with fiberglass? Thanks for your help.

This vid is very helpful to me...PPI Fiberglass Making - YouTube... its the same process I did on my helm... good luck! :):thumbsup

Hey RJ, one quick question that's been gnawing at me for awhile. How did you manage to keep the line details and faceplate lines while bondoing and sanding? Did you keep the line while bondoing by using a toothpick? Or did you just eye ball it after using a reference to etch the lines back?

Some of my lines are starting to become covered up with the bondo.

Thanks in advance!!!!

All the line details were covered by body filler... I just etch it back using small file... For the correct location of the lines, I just print out (from the same pep file) the part where in the lines appeared and made it as a pattern (put on the helm and trace)... hope I deliver it clearly... good luck with your build... cheers!:):thumbsup

All the line details were covered by body filler... I just etch it back using small file... For the correct location of the lines, I just print out (from the same pep file) the part where in the lines appeared and made it as a pattern (put on the helm and trace)... hope I deliver it clearly... good luck with your build... cheers!:):thumbsup

Brilliant!!!! Thanks for the tip! So all you pretty much used was plywood wrapped with sand paper and Mr. Popsicle to achieve that detail huh? That is awesome.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back