Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - with BLINK/FADE LED EYES

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- CAST PRIMED!!!

........details are everything! amazing work hopefully mine will be in the making soon making good progress love the work you and your brother do just sets the bar even higher thanks for all the support soon you get to meet "Mr Matchstick"

thanks man:)... looking forward to meet Mr. Matchstick... Mr. Popsicle is pretty much excited...lol:lol

Thisss iss BEAUTIFUL! YOU SIRE HAVE EARNED A MILLION INTERNETS! :lol

Great job man! What did you scale the helmet to? It's a very nice fit!

Thanks man:)... we scaled it down to 94% of the default pep file scale...:thumbsup

Awesome stuff dude, you really outdid yourself with this build :rolleyes
Are you planning on making any other 99.99% accurate stuff? :)

Awesome stuff dude, you really outdid yourself with this build :rolleyes
Are you planning on making any other 99.99% accurate stuff? :)

thanks dude:thumbsup...lol:lol check these out...
ARC REACTOR - http://www.therpf.com/f24/ironman-2-wearable-arc-reactor-wip-dual-power-supply-132308/
IM GAUNTLET/REPULSOR - http://www.therpf.com/f24/ironman-foam-gauntlet-wip-our-very-1st-foam-build-repulsor-131101/
IM LED EYES - http://www.therpf.com/f24/ironman-led-eyes-white-red-blue-lights-99-movie-accurate-130219/

cheers!

Just an update on the client's helm I am working... just finished the blue LED eyes that was ordered along with the helm...

DSC00534.jpg

The foam teeth will be attached later by the client after painting the helm (client will do the paint job)
DSC00535.jpg

Im guessing it will be turned into Mark II...:love
DSC00536.jpg

If so, then it'll not be a paint job but a chrome job... Im excited to see it chromed...:love:thumbsup
DSC00537.jpg

These are the parts to be shipped tomorrow...
DSC00547.jpg

Total 5 pieces...
DSC00548.jpg

Thanks for watching and for your time...

cheers!

Total 5 pieces...
DSC00548.jpg

Thanks for watching and for your time...

cheers!

Just out of curiosity, How much would the total be for the total 5 pieces?
I'd appreciate it if you shoot me a PM :)

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- CAST w/ LED Eyes!!!!!!

...Damn. Nice Detail. Where can I get some of that "Glazing Putty" or whatever it is?

Do you plan on selling these helmets, or just 1 build for yourself?

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- CAST w/ LED Eyes!!!!!!

He's selling them in the JY. Glazing putty can be found at most automotive retailers.

...Damn. Nice Detail. Where can I get some of that "Glazing Putty" or whatever it is?

Do you plan on selling these helmets, or just 1 build for yourself?

He's selling them in the JY. Glazing putty can be found at most automotive retailers.

thanks aron...:):thumbsup

Hi, I have a question about this pep, I'm a newbie and I was did u do everything for the eyes that was on the pep or you just left it out, and how is the lower face connected to the forehead? This pep is a little confusing to me. Thanks

Hi, I have a question about this pep, I'm a newbie and I was did u do everything for the eyes that was on the pep or you just left it out, and how is the lower face connected to the forehead? This pep is a little confusing to me. Thanks

The eyes details of the pep was left out... I will let you in to some of the secret technique we've done (please dont ever tell anyone)... the key here is to "IMPROVISE"..:love:thumbsup

looks bloody brilliant
can't get over the level of detail you've put into the build
amazing work

thanks rosskow:)... very much appreciated (y)thumbsup...

Thank y'all... our thread just earned a 5-star rating because of y'all awesome members here...:$

cheers!

The eyes details of the pep was left out... I will let you in to some of the secret technique we've done (please dont ever tell anyone)... the key here is to "IMPROVISE"..:love:thumbsup
cheers!

Gotcha, I was thinking of improvising but worried it might hurt me at the end. well Thanks

absolutely brilliant work. The day I get my thumb out and start building your thread will be my main inspiration(hopefully not in a too distant future ;) ). Thank you for sharing this with us!

so have you finished a helmet with paint and padding and everything yet? i cant wait to get mine!

Gotcha, I was thinking of improvising but worried it might hurt me at the end. well Thanks

You're most welcome... dont worry too much, I'm sure you'll do just fine...:):thumbsup

Keep it up!

absolutely brilliant work. The day I get my thumb out and start building your thread will be my main inspiration(hopefully not in a too distant future ;) ). Thank you for sharing this with us!

thanks man:)... this community had helped me in so many ways and it's actually an honor to be able to give back to this community:$... looking forward to your build if it'll finally started...;):thumbsup

cheers!

so have you finished a helmet with paint and padding and everything yet? i cant wait to get mine!

Not yet my friend... its kinda left out since too busy for the arc reactor I'm currently finalizing and a lot of other stuff...

I think you'll be more ahead of me when you finally received your helm...;)
You dont know how more excited I am to see how you'll finish your baby...:love

Kindly keep me posted of its status...:):thumbsup

cheers!

Not yet my friend... its kinda left out since too busy for the arc reactor I'm currently finalizing and a lot of other stuff...

I think you'll be more ahead of me when you finally received your helm...;)
You dont know how more excited I am to see how you'll finish your baby...:love

Kindly keep me posted of its status...:):thumbsup

cheers!

Haha I understand, I've got like 5 projects going right now and it's hard to finish one once another is started haha
I'll start a thread for my helmet to show the progress on it after Christmas! I can't wait to get it finished!

I'm wondering though, what would be a good interior lining/padding?

Just wanted to let you know know how inspirational this thread has been to me. Began my version of the HD file this weekend and am currently in the resin coating process. Thanks for this awesome thread!

Haha I understand, I've got like 5 projects going right now and it's hard to finish one once another is started haha
I'll start a thread for my helmet to show the progress on it after Christmas! I can't wait to get it finished!

I'm wondering though, what would be a good interior lining/padding?

Haven't finally decided yet what material to use for the interior lining but I'm thinking black anti-slip foam mat will do (just an idea)...:D:thumbsup

Just wanted to let you know know how inspirational this thread has been to me. Began my version of the HD file this weekend and am currently in the resin coating process. Thanks for this awesome thread!

Thanks Pinhead... really looking forward to seeing some progress photos of your build... i'll be very delighted...:):thumbsup

Keep building!

This is a really great project and has been executed really well. I love seeing the projects progress and reading your explanations.

I'm pretty much an absolute beginner when it comes to this (just getting started in all this really) and it was great that you documented this project so well (I love the fact your thread was picture heavy BTW! Very very interesting to see the progress).

I especially liked learning (this may be common knowledge to everyone, but not to me being a total novice) that the helmet started out from cardboard. I always assumed it would have to be done from clay or something similar!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back