Iron Man Mark VI - second cardboard build - First Time (edited) Movie Short!

Blackdynamo2

Hey. guys this is my second attempt on a scratch build in cardboard. Its a better build than last years. Please give me ideas on what to do with this one. Fiberglass, or Smoothcast. Also electronics. Critique Welcome.

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Mark 6- second cardboard build

Jordan I'm Having problems with my computer check my photo album. I'll try again later.

WOW! That is fantastic! I think you are on a great track. That looks amazing. So smooth. You can always fiberglass the cardboard suit to strengthen it.

Wow! Did you do this by hand? or do you have ArtiosCAD or another program for corrugated?

Here are those pics you were having trouble posting..

4295-90-complete-scratch-build-june-2010.jpg

4294-comparison-2010-build-2011-build.jpg

Do you like cardboard better than the cardstock paper I see everyone talking about? Also, are the colored pieces the last year suit you were talking about and the cardboard pieces are the new ones right?
Is the cardboard easier toy work with?

Sorry so many questions, this are the first cardboard pieces I have seen that didnt look like boxes put together by a 10 yr old. Great work.

thanks, guy's! I appreciate and value your opinion. The bottom photo is the side by side comparison photo from 2010's IM to the new one 2011. I am a former comic book artist, so some is mechanical, some freehand. I love robo's files so its easy for me to draw his pieces and some of my own. I have more pics I will get up later. Hey! Jordan hows' the WM helmet project Coming along?

Cardboard is a little stronger than cardstock, and flexible if you smash it before cutting it. You can also add stuff to it without drilling all the way through. Iv'e been working with cardboard since the 5th grade making pacman and ghost monster piggybanks and selling them at school. 83'

Thanks I'll have some more stuff up in a few days. I want to make this a better suit than the last. I have plans for some motorized tech stuff in the forearm of the armor itself.

this is all from cardboard?! ***** ******, excellent job!
what do you mean by smashing the cardboard? like pressing down on it with something heavy?

WOW! That looks incredible! I know you say you're a cardboard guy, but have you ever tried working with matte board at all? Might give you an easier time in the smoothing process.

Any progress shots with it before things were glued together? I'd love to see how you even go about visualizing something that detailed.

Can't wait to see this all finished.

-Nick

Thanks guy's. I'll update my thread tonite. I have a few more things done with this build.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back