How can I make a "gold" tooth on the cheap?

Patattack

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A friend of mine recommended going to a cake supply store and getting some of that edible gold leaf stuff, but I'm pretty sure that would flake off really quickly, especially if I ate something. Is there some kind of inside-the-mouth-safe glue that I could use on that tooth under the leaf to cement it in place? Or any other, totally different, ideas you can think of?

Those are fairly easy to find now.. go to a beauty supply place (the cheaper-the better) and ask for gold grills and caps. if they don't have the singles, you might can cut a grill down.

A buddy once took some friendlys (sic?) plastic pellets and used it to whip up a quick false tooth while it was still warm on his real tooth and then painted the piece.
Basically, it's just these tiny white plastic bits that look like rice which you put in hot water and they melt into a goo which you can then push onto your teeth, form it a bit and then let it cool. You can make it in such a way that it pops on and off. You can paint them too.
We used to make quickie fangs that way too.

ACP97.jpg

http://www.sculpt.com/catalog_98/craft/craft.htm

-Rabittooth

When I wanted to have a Long Tom (from Doc Savage) for a short film that didn't get made I was going to use the metal from chocolate coins for a cheap clip-on.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

When I wanted to have a Long Tom (from Doc Savage) for a short film that didn't get made I was going to use the metal from chocolate coins for a cheap clip-on.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

That was another one of my possibilities - but I've still got the problem of it falling apart while I'm wearing it throughout the day, and that's even less digestible than the food-grade gold leaf. :unsure

I forgot to mention. I figure Poli-grip or some denture adhesive might work.
Heck probably a thin layer of gum.:lol
This would just be for filming scenes and readjusting as needed, This might nit work if you want to go all day.
Madonna used to wear one. You could check with her.:rolleyes

Sincerely,
the Wolf

Patattack, did you ever come up with a good solution for the gold tooth problem? I had bought a bunch of those Halloween teeth on the cheap on Ebay, but the seller never sent them, so now I'm stuck trying to find a replacement rather quickly.

I read on Cosplay.com that someone used "gold plated aluminum" which was both comfortable and reusable. However, I can't figure out if he meant foil or something else (it sure didn't sound like foil), and he is no longer posting there.

I may try Sally Beauty supply, but spending a lot on cheap grillz isn't very appealing.

Go to ThugFashion on eBay or Thugfashion.com. You can buy a set of four clip on teeth faux gold for about $20.00 and they are reuseable. Be sure to specify that you want top and bottem.

http://www.thugfashion.com/ProductDetail.cfm?Brand_ID=20&Group_ID=209&Product_ID=2316

The problem with these guys is that if you where them for along time you will start feeling a thumping in your head and the pain in your teeth, jaw, and head. They are very uncomfortable after about 4 hours. Believe me I know.

For comfort and long term wear get custom fitted teeth.

If you want to have great teeth long term you can spend anywhere between $150.00 to $500.00 on a real white/yellow gold caps. I paid $179.00 for 7 teeth for my Captain Jack Sparrow. Four 12kt gold on top and two 12kt white gold on the bottem. Well worth the investment. I played the price with gold because most places will charge you based upon the price of gold by the ounce.

You can find many different places on the web. Search with Google.

CIMG9607_resize.jpg

CIMG9613_resize.jpg

Just be careful not to do irreversible damage to your teeth and gums...which you can do pretty quickly with some of that stuff...

They sell em in the gas stations here around Memphis. Could not say anything about the quality but you are buying from a gas station.

Thanks!

Greg

I would talk to your dentist. They can probably pull the offending tooth and replace it with a nice gold one for a few hundred buck that you can wear all day every day.
Or a veneer.
My last dentist actually made me fang caps that snapped on my eye teeth. He did it for the material and shop costs as he had never been asked to do this and was kind of into the idea.
He had been approached by folks wanting permanent fangs but wouldn't do it because of what that does to your bite, gums, jaw, etc.
I think it was around $250.
If you only want it for one day, I would go to a costume shop.
Of course, I say that here in Burbank where they are plentiful, but there must be online places to order stuff.
Cinema Secrets is a big shop near here, maybe they sell online?

I'd agree with the above statement, but a friend of mine who does have a gold tooth suggests getting it done in mexico. It's far cheaper there :lol

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back