How to approximate chrome paint finish?

Joshalots

Does anyone know how to get this chrome finish?
I really need to know because I'm working on Mark 5 iron man suit which is silver and red.
sopi6c.jpg

Does anyone know how to get this chrome finish?
I really need to know because I'm working on Mark 5 iron man suit which is silver and red.
sopi6c.jpg

This picture is from a recaster thief stay away from him . Dont believe.... I can show this picture on his page.. Flickr: Oncefound FX's Photostream

without paying to get it chromed which cost a ton.. I like this
chrome link. really comes out nice.

look into ALCAD II or Spaz Stix Chrome

Yet you have a cast of the sideshow helmet as your avatar??

yep before I found out.. done everything I could no one cares or wants to help. so im stuck with it... and if
you look for the the thread you can see what a crappy job he did. I added pics I jumped in to fast. and hate it
I seen amazing work on here. and now know what to look for,trust me I kick myself everytime i look at it and want to smash it
but keep it to remind me what done is done.. and so life goes on.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip on "Coat of Chrome" and you're right, Don is a great guy. After bugging him for a month or two, I finally had this lid primed and silky smooth before shipping to him in December. The whole job, including the masking and painting of the black areas, was under $300 shipped.

bsg-cylon-helmet-kit-original-series-p1050625.jpg-80240d1325895016

bsg-cylon-helmet-kit-original-series-p1050626.jpg-80241d1325895016

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back