Was The Grinch At YOUR Holiday Party??

Jack of All Trades

Alright, well, I got a lot of input from two members in oarticular on this board and a lot of external research. This is my first ever dealing with full face prosthetics, blending edges and monster making in general and I can DEFINITELY see myself doing more! And now without further adieu... The Grinch Who Stole Christmas!

(There are actually more where this came from, and I'll try and post them this weekend, but for now, let me know what you think!)
167.JPG

I agree man,thats awesome, now I totally want to do this for Halloween next year. I am also interested in where you got your appliance and the body suit/fur?

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It was a very fun and labor intensive project. I actually got the foam latex mask at the fX warehouse. I believe it's www.fxwarehouse.com. I opted for the unpainted version and did all the painting and makeup myself. I would like to make my own prosthetic down the line, but this was the best I found since I had no previous knowledge of prosthetics or how to apply them, much less making them from scratch! All the rest tho was made by yours truly! I'll post more pics when I get the chance. Thanks again everyone!

Yep Larry, that's the one. The Bodysuit was EXTREMELY hot! There was a zipper in the back but not all the way down to minimize the seam. This unfortunately made me have to put the prosthetic and makeup on with the top of the suit on. So Hot! I pretty much sweat all night. It wasn't intolerable tho. The material I bought was quite breathable considering it was thick, long fur!

ok WOW that is very choice. You have made a great 1st step into monstering. You have a flair for it and good results so far. I love wearing hot fat monster suits, makes you feel connected to all other suit performers, imagine working all day on a hot set or on location like this. You obviously felt the change come over you and we can see from the pics that you have embodied the grinch. That suit would be great with other heads too.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back