JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks : added War Machine.

Foam comes from "Domyos fitness TG 100" polyethylen (PE) mats. I bought as much rolls as I could carry at once from Décathlon's checkout to the back of my car.

I first have to unfold the IM Classical Armour, from our well known EyeOfSAuron's thread, then I'll unfold this Mark III. And I'll build one too, with MkII painting.

Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing what you do with my models :D. Feel free to use my foam templates as a starting base
http://www.therpf.com/f24/dancinfool-iron-man-mark-3-pepakura-foam-150333/

Or you can find the final version of my original pep files here.
IronManMk3_Final.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks : added Guyver and War Machine.

Thank you Dancin_Fool, I appreciate a lot :)
In fact I've already converted back the entire suit to *.obj file, since thinking "foam" means getting rid of a plenty of useless meshes that are normaly kept for paper-peping, and adding many others to flatten any detail that can be implemented afterward.
Also will your model know some minor edits to fit foam speed-building.
Be sure I'll be civilized and respectful whith him, it's painless he won't be hurt.

Is your site down? I'm having trouble pulling the files.

A clue : when my host is down, my pics are not displayed neigher.

Gotcha. I'm behind a firewall at work so I just figured that was the reason the pictures weren't showing up (most don't, if they're hosted on a site like flickr, tumblr, or photobucket).

I'll check back later. :)

Hello JF! I just looked at your post and decided to star building my own very first foam costume - people tell me I do look a bit like Tony Stark, so why not have an armor to show off, too? :)

Thanks for modifying those files and all your tips, they are awesome!

Keep up the good work ;)

nice work how much time take to you to build all costume?
Be sure I would love having built them all... Currently I can't even find time enough to unfold.

Tonight I'll upload the mkIII package, from Dancin_Fool's model, and before the end of august I'll share a partial Iron Woman, and the classical IM comic version. That's all I can do presently. Real life takes so much time.

It's true that my templates style leaves a lot of waisted foam...
I often combine them together by a shot of glue to obtain a bigger usable piece. I'm so foxy.
Otherwise you can use them to built that :

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight...

Last edited:

Be sure I would love having built them all... Currently I can't even find time enough to unfold.

Tonight I'll upload the mkIII package, from Dancin_Fool's model, and before the end of august I'll share a partial Iron Woman, and the classical IM comic version. That's all I can do presently. Real life takes so much time.

It's true that my templates style leaves a lot of waist foam...
I often combine them together by a shot of glue to obtain a bigger usable piece. I'm so foxy.
Otherwise you can use them to built that :

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight...

Can't wait for the MkIII files! That'll be the next suit I work on.

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks : mkIII to come...

i have to say, your mk7 files are very good. i started out using the files in darksides thread, until i found out you had files here too. they are somehow easier (maybe im just getting more used to foam)

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks : added Dancin_Fool's Iron Man MkII/III

IM_mk2.jpg
markiii.jpg

Dancin_Fool's Iron Man MkII/MkIII- JFcustomized foam files.

To go at simplest, every detail missing from the original model (grids, holes, screws, notches, indentations...) will have to be added manualy afterward by directly sculpting them into the foam. Please refer to Dancin_Fool's files or included ref pics.

Great job on simplifying the model. I'm really looking forward to seeing some builds!

Any chance of you tackling any of the MkVI pieces? I'm almost finished with the upper torso (everything from the cod up, less the helmet). I am waiting until the very end to do the helmet because I want it to be as perfect as possible. I am using Stealth's files, but would love to see what you could do with the MkVI helmet. Since the helmet is probably the biggest focal point of the suit, I want it to be the best it can be.

In fact, MkVI is the same as MkIV, eccept for the brace and the chest part that need a triangular hole to receive the triangular arc reactor. Therefore, you can pick up any other file you want from my MkIV files package. Including the helmet.

Good to know. I haven't actually compared the suits Mk to Mk very closely. Looks like I'll be messing around with your MkIV helmet soon, then. :)

hey there JF, great job on the Mark III DF foam! Question... How does one print with the polygons overlapping page breaks?

That is, since the 2D shapes carry from one page to another, covering more than one page, how do you print without messing it up? thank you!

Last edited:

i have no problem printing through the page breaks. you just print it, the spaces between the pages are there anyway, as it calculates itself. as long as its side by side, you can just line up the lines after you printed it and cut it out. then tape it together, and trace it to foam.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back