DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep Files - New Chest Started

Dancin_Fool

Hey Everyone,

I decided it was about time I started my own thread on here with all my progress and updates for my Mk III Iron Man files. For anyone who doesn't know me I started work last year on a set of Iron Man pep files, I made it about half way through and then had to take a break to work on my Halloween wedding.

The wedding was a big success we dressed up as Disneys Beauty and the Beast, we had many Disney nods in our wedding design and wedding party costumes as well as a large haunted house with many nods to the Disneyland haunted house.

Now that the wedding is finished I've started up work again on the Iron Man files. I'm not going to post any new files until I've finished up the abs and finished tweaking the rest of the files to work perfectly with the abs.

In the mean time I'll leave some renders of the current suits progress and leave links to the older files in the subsequent post.

ironarmornov07.jpg

ironarmornov06.jpg

Update

Here's a link to the final zip file containing all of the pep files for my Iron Man Mark 3.

IronManMk3_Final.zip - download

Last edited:
re: DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep File Development

Iron Man Helmet
newhelmet.jpg

IronMan2.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Iron Man Chest
newchest.jpg

IronManChest.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Here's a tighter arrangement of the unfold by KrovikanCorvinus
IronManChest_ArrangedBy_KrovikanCorvinus.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

newbackk.jpg

IronManBack by Dancing_Fool Unfolded by SupermanExtreme1.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
IronManFlap RIGHT by Dancin_Fool Unfolded by SupermanExtreme1.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
IronManFlap LEFT.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
IronManFlap2 LEFT.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
IronManFlap2 RIGHT by Dancin_Fool Unfolded by SupermanExtreme1.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Back unfolded by SupermanExtreme1

IronManBack by Dancing_Fool Unfolded by Rebostar.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Back unfolded by Rebostar

IronManBack by Dancing_Fool Unfolded by Remraf.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Paper Saving Back unfold by RemRaf

Iron Man Shoulder
newshoulder.jpg

IronManShoulder.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
IronManShoulderBigger DF Darkness Unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
New Bigger Shoulder, unfolded by Brothers Darkness

Iron Man Neck
ironmanneck.jpg

IronMan_Neck.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Iron Man Arm WIP
newbicep.jpg

newforearm.jpg

Updated arm files, models by me, unfolded by Brothers Darkness
Ironman_bicep by DF darkness unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Ironman_elbow DF Darkness unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Ironman_forearm DF Darkness unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Ironman_upperforearm DF Darkness unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Updated Hand Guard, unfolded by Stealth
IronManHandplate Unfolded by STEALTH.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Iron Man Pelvis
newpelvis.jpg

Pelvis and Hip unfolded by Brothers Darkness
IronMan_Pelvis DF Darkness Unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Iron_Hip DF Darkness Unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Thigh
newthigh.jpg

IronMan_Thigh.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Thigh Additions
IronMan_ThighAdditions.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Last edited:

Hey Congrats on the wedding man, hope it was a blast and you were actually a dancin' fool at the reception.

Glad you see you're back at it again with the mark III. I think a lot of people have been awaiting you're return

I'm pretty excited to see this project completed! I've got a few of your parts done, and as soon as I'm finished with my robo Mk VI, I'm going to go back to the Mk III. Perhaps sometime in the next two or three years I'll have both suits done. :lol

Thanks for everything you've done so far. I wish I had even a tenth of the 3D modeling talent that some of you guys have.

As I said before, sweet work. :) Glad your back on this, now for the third time peping the abs. :sick:lol

A work rather complicated but it is worth,,I'll keep your project to see it finished

Welcome back - and congrats!

Looking forward to the rest of the files!

A great news! looking forward to the rest of the mark 3.
I think yours has the best body proportion compare to all other IM out there.

That really is impressive work. I just started trying to learn 3D modeling and it is way more challenging than I ever expected. What program are you using?

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody! The progress has been a little slower than I would have liked but I want everything to be perfect.

That really is impressive work. I just started trying to learn 3D modeling and it is way more challenging than I ever expected. What program are you using?

I use 3D Studio Max for my modelling, I've been using it since the DOS days before it was called Max. It definitely takes a lot of practice.

I've almost got the abs all finished. I've modelled each section of the abs as individual pieces so that when constructing you can choose to either glue them altogether as one solid piece or what I was planning when I do my build is to glue them as individual pieces to the undersuit for greater flexibility, they've also been modelled with a bit of extra space so that they can be adjusted to be made bigger or smaller depending on the persons build.

So I've got the front pretty much all done and just have one more slice of the abs to finish on the back.
ironarmornov30a.jpg

ironarmornov30b.jpg

Hey DFool,

May I suggest that you re-release all files upon completion in a zipped file. More importantly make all the pieces in the suit at same scale. That way people can equally scale each piece to get a desired size. I realize some people need certain pieces larger or smaller aka cod piece, etc.. but at least if the whole suit is scaled the same like ROBO idd then you know how each piece is supposed to be sized to one another. You can also import each pep in designer to the same pep file and build the full suit on screen and save as reference in 3d when getting everything to sit/fit right together.

Just my two cents. Great work on the suit! Thanks for your contributions to the community.

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody! The progress has been a little slower than I would have liked but I want everything to be perfect.

I use 3D Studio Max for my modelling, I've been using it since the DOS days before it was called Max. It definitely takes a lot of practice.

I've almost got the abs all finished. I've modelled each section of the abs as individual pieces so that when constructing you can choose to either glue them altogether as one solid piece or what I was planning when I do my build is to glue them as individual pieces to the undersuit for greater flexibility, they've also been modelled with a bit of extra space so that they can be adjusted to be made bigger or smaller depending on the persons build.

So I've got the front pretty much all done and just have one more slice of the abs to finish on the back.
ironarmornov30a.jpg

ironarmornov30b.jpg

GJ, have you downloaded the files he has linked to? They are all the same scale, all fit together perfect I never changed the scale for any of the pices on my build. ;)

I have built the complete upper body so far and i did find that "on me" anyways the chest and back pieces had to be scaled up from 1.525000, to a larger scale, the stock scale just fit me but there was not going to be much room to fit the ab section underneath and be able to move around comfortably. I am about 6 feet and keep shape so it was not like i had a belly getting in the way, like GJ said we are all built different and may need different scaled parts, but if you build this suit as a display every piece fits together perfect and is just amazing, like i have said before this is THE BEST mark 3 out there, killer work DF!

I revoke my request then. LOL. Thanks guys. I didn't realize it was already scaled. I think it would make a great display piece.

Weird stock scale for me was 1.525, whoever unfolded parts must have changed the scale. Randy is right at the 6' mark and he scaled it to fit him (fits me as well) so I left it at the stock scale 1.525. ;) By far the best Mark 3 files anywhere.

I have built the complete upper body so far and i did find that "on me" anyways the chest and back pieces had to be scaled up from 1.525000, to a larger scale, the stock scale just fit me but there was not going to be much room to fit the ab section underneath and be able to move around comfortably. I am about 6 feet and keep shape so it was not like i had a belly getting in the way, like GJ said we are all built different and may need different scaled parts, but if you build this suit as a display every piece fits together perfect and is just amazing, like i have said before this is THE BEST mark 3 out there, killer work DF!

GJ, i don't think you need to revoke your entire request, as a zip file with all the pieces would be great!

Am i correct in saying that there are currently no Dancin_Fool mk 3 shins yet?

The abs look amazing DF! i've downloaded all your files and then exported them to 3ds to assemble a full model like the images you posted. It looks awesome. I've also done it with Robo's Mk 6.

I love iron man :) haha

Those look incredible! Any chance of a PDF export for mac users? Great great work!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back