The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

Gee2

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Although not as popular as Cap, or any of the other members… I thought I would throw together the info I’ve gathered on Hawkeye, or at least what I have up to this point and am working for my personal costume… Please feel free to add/correct as more accurate stuff is found.

Avengers

Boots
Highlander Sympatec Forces Boot (discontinued, but available in UK 8, 12)Not Confirmed
Custom leather gaiter w/ rear zipper
Joe Rocket Super Street/Meteor/Sonic Boot Buckles

Pants
HAWKEYE_pantsf.jpg(
front)
HAWKEYE_pantsb.jpg(back)

Main-Navy/Midnight Blue patterned stretch textile fabric
Side and inner panels- Black nylon Cordura (1000D)
Knees- Black nylon Cordura (1050D)
Knee back-Black leather (smooth)
Elastic straps- Left 1.5” non-rolled / Right 1.5" braided and .75” non-rolled
Leg buckles- Left 1.5” Loop buckles/1.5" Double bar D Rings / Right 1.5”-.75” reducing buckle times 2 (one for the front and one for the back)
2-1" Austrial pin slide lock buckle and a custom tooled leather piece (used as a mating buckle between the pants and vest) / 1" elastic strap non-rolled
Belt Buckle-Side release with a center "nub"

Vest
Burgundy panels- Keprotec (Kevlar/Cordura tensile)
Shoulders- ? Looks to be a laminated vinyl or some plastic
Buckles-Smaller versions of the belt buckle w/ 1" non-rolled elastic strap
Upper panels/Lower panels and collar- Black nylon Cordura (1050D)
“Kidney” ribbing / collar accent- Black leather matching the knee panel detail(smooth)
Piping for the entire costume- Black leather non-corded (smooth)
SHIELD medallion-urethane or PVC

Quiver

Custom 3D print w/ fabric details added or painted to match

Bow
Hoyt Buffalo-heavily modded with 3D print detail, hinges/sight and elastic string

Armguard(s)
2-Beiter Armguard Soft

Finger Tabs

Look to be custom?- black leather finger cups w/tan leather "dots" / black leather wrist cuff w/ 2 black line 24 snaps / maroon leather centerpiece attached to three hasps with black elastic

Age of Ultron

Boots
They don’t look changed or modified other than the addition of the new Starkarrow tech that’s added to the outer portions of the boots.
Bifida tread by Vibram
Custom leather gaiter w/ rear zipper
Joe Rocket Super Street/Meteor/Sonic Boot Buckles

Pants
Again doesn’t look like a change to the pants. The material feels like rough cotton with asilicone or “rubber” feel to the striping that runs horizontal. I thought itmay be a dobby type fabric but cannot confirm.
HAWKEYE_pantsf.jpg
HAWKEYE_pantsb.jpg

Main-Navy/Midnight Blue
Side and inner panels- Black nylon Cordura (1000D)
Knees- Black nylon Cordura (1050D)
Knee back-Black leather (smooth)
Elastic straps- Left 1.5” non-rolled / Right 1.5" braided and .75”non-rolled
Leg buckles- Left 1.5” Loop buckles/1.5" Double bar D Rings / Right1.5”-.75” reducing buckle times 2 (one for the front and one for the back)
2-1" Austrial pin slide lock buckle and a custom tooled leather piece(used as a mating buckle between the pants and vest) / 1" elastic strapnon-rolled
Belt Buckle-Side release with a center "nub"

Vest
Burgundy panels- Keprotec (Kevlar/Cordura tensile)
Shoulders- ? Looks to be a laminated vinyl or some plastic
Buckles-Smaller versions of the belt buckle w/ 1" non-rolled elastic strap
Upper panels/Lower panels and collar- Black nylon Cordura (1050D)
“Kidney” ribbing / collar accent- Black leather matching the knee paneldetail(smooth)
Piping for the entire costume- Black leather non-corded (smooth)
No SHIELD medallion

Shirt
Burgundy panels- similar to the Keprotec but looks “softer” with a 2 or 4way stretch.
Strap buckles (forearms) similar to the vest buckles but much smaller(possibly the same as the Cap glove buckles)
Black panels- Looks to be a Nylon Cordura
Piping for the arms- Black leather non-corded (smooth)

Jacket (base)
Burgundy panels-Keprotec (Kevlar/Cordura tensile)
Black panels-Similar to the pants fabric but possibly more sheen
Reducing buckles (biceps) same as right leg pants
Piping for the entire piece- Black leather non-corded (smooth)

Quiver
Custom 3D print

Bow
Hoyt Gamemaster II with 3D print detail, hinges/sight and elastic string

Armguard(s)
2-Beiter Armguard Soft

Finger Tabs

Black leather finger cups w / black leather wrist cuff

Hawkeye Avengers Age of Ultron costume.jpg

AvengersUltron Hawkeye film costume.jpg

Hawkeye costume detail Avengers Ultron.jpg

Avengers Age of Ultron Hawkeye costume.jpg

T6Q4MHp.png

hawkeye-clint-barton-jeremy-renner-avengers-2-age-of-ultron-new-costume.jpg

de68c4af8c801097e00603bfd99860ff.jpg

CA: Civil War...

HAWKEYE_pantsf.jpg

HAWKEYE_pantsb.jpg

Hawkeye Avengers Age of Ultron costume.jpg

AvengersUltron Hawkeye film costume.jpg

Hawkeye costume detail Avengers Ultron.jpg

Avengers Age of Ultron Hawkeye costume.jpg

T6Q4MHp.png

hawkeye-clint-barton-jeremy-renner-avengers-2-age-of-ultron-new-costume.jpg

de68c4af8c801097e00603bfd99860ff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dash maybe PM Stormleader, he made the Quiver and bow for the movie, and was around the costume alot maybe he could help you!

Great information! Thanks for starting this.

If anyone has links to behind the scenes, documentaries, etc., post up the links.

I'm sure we'll have more info after the movie opens on Friday.

Dash maybe PM Stormleader, he made the Quiver and bow for the movie, and was around the costume alot maybe he could help you!

I hope he can give us some insight. I was thinking maybe the quiver could be made of fiberglass.

Anyone know of a good collaborative photo hosting site? That way any of us can add photos.

Great pics! Some of those I haven't seen yet.

Something I just noticed, it looks like the vest and the pants are one piece. Notice there's no seam line at the hip?

Also, the strap/buckle that comes around under the arm looks like it's part of the quiver support.

His main belt buckle looks like a cop-lok type. It has the 2 sides releases and an extra release in the center.
Looks like an older squarer type though.

Great pics! Some of those I haven't seen yet.

Something I just noticed, it looks like the vest and the pants are one piece. Notice there's no seam line at the hip?

Also, the strap/buckle that comes around under the arm looks like it's part of the quiver support.

On the vest/pants it's actually both, or at least that's what I've found. The outer panel on the pants is seamless and continues up the kidney/back panel of the vest, all the same material so one would think a "unitard/jumpsuit" type of garment. But in the 20 min behind the scenes I mentioned earlier, the entire panel is rolled up and secured by the hip straps on the pants and the vest is removed completely. It looks like a great way to keep the look of a one piece but have the convenience of removing the vest if needed. While putting together my pattern I'll just use Velcro under the panel for the vest portion to keep the seamless look and make it as close as possible without knowing exactly how they did it.

Also good eye on the quiver straps, they seem to just keep it in place during movement and serve no other purpose.

His main belt buckle looks like a cop-lok type. It has the 2 sides releases and an extra release in the center.
Looks like an older squarer type though.

Thought the same thing, but for the life of me I have not been able to find the right one. 8 days of searching the internet for every type of side release/quick release buckle for 3-4 hrs a day almost made my eyes bleed...

Dash, do you have the link to that youtube vid? I can't find it.

Has anyone had any luck finding the boots? I can't find them anywhere.

Why is it that every time I start a new costume project the shoes/boots are always the most expensive, hard to find item? (Aside from the bow in this case.) Just once, I wish the costume designer would pick something easy to find. Something where I could just go to the store and buy them.

Boots...it's always the boots!

Dash, do you have the link to that youtube vid? I can't find it.

Has anyone had any luck finding the boots? I can't find them anywhere.

Why is it that every time I start a new costume project the shoes/boots are always the most expensive, hard to find item? (Aside from the bow in this case.) Just once, I wish the costume designer would pick something easy to find. Something where I could just go to the store and buy them.

Boots...it's always the boots!

I found 1 pair of size 8 (UK) here
http://las-footwear.com/military.html

They'll be a bit tight but accurate...

Found some footage here at 1:40. You can see him without the vest.

Here's what I think is going on.
costumeanalisis.jpg

Not sure if that's going to work. I don't see the slide locks between the vest/pants doing any more than keeping the two together during movement. I would be more inclined to see a large "tab" on the quiver that fits into a slot on the vest and is then held in place by the underarm straps.
But if it did work along the lines of what you're saying, I could see a "tab", two straps through slots in the back of vest, over the shoulders and attaching through the ribbing to the slide locks and then secured by the underarm straps?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back