Completed chewbacca costume

Friskythehutt

Just finished my 2nd chewbacca suit built the first one 10years ago. The new suit is made from NFT, parts from the old suit (boots and bandolier) mask kit from evil chimp. Took 6 months from start to finish. Mask is setup with a sound chip.

Cons for this year are C2E2, Wizard World and DragonCon.

10173613_866443800048805_5336134375054670746_n.jpg

You know the face is one of the best I have seen. I have thought about using the evilchimp mask base. Did NFT do they hair for the mask too?

E

That is a great Chewie, one of the best I have seen.

One thing I usually notice about Chewie costuming is hardly no one ever gets the walk right. Peter Mayhew has a very distinct walk. Usually the knees tend to stay close together and a lean towards the front. Seems very few Chewie impersonators get that right.

I need to buff up my shoulders and add some hair by the boots.

This is is my first suit I build and the updates done to it. That one was made from human hair

1385839_762094623817057_1338546211_n.jpg

Thanks everyone. I'm going to be in Chicago tomorrow for C2E2 and I'll take some better photos.

Cost for NFT came to $2,500.00 ish. The mask kit which is fiberglass skull, teeth and gel face was $400.00. I reused other parts from my old build. So this project came in at lower $3k and 6 months of on and off work. 48hrs for suit build and 30hrs for the mask.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back