Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Jul 1, 2012, 4:58 PM - Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #1

Hi,
    I've just unfold a Cap helmet for foam building, then I've built it to check its feasibility and identify any tricky stages. After that, I've reimproved unfolding again in a foxy way to reduce the amount of seams and parts, and obtain this *.pdo file.

Ears are missing, since they turn out to be optional.

captain_america_foam_helmet.pdo

captain_america_foam_helmet.pdf

It's really very simple and quick to build, and moreover for a four-pieces helmet, it's not so ugly.

Coating and finishing remains your own.
    Last edited by JFcustom; Nov 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM.
    Jul 1, 2012, 5:17 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #2

awesome work dude!!!
    Jul 1, 2012, 5:20 PM - #3

JF you did it again! You da man!
    From
    Rochester, NY
    Jul 1, 2012, 5:56 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #4

Damn nice man. I might attempt his as my first jump into foam work
    From
    Canada
    Jul 1, 2012, 9:15 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #5

holy sh&/......You are monster with this speed foam building... how is the ultimate iron man going????? did you get what you needed?????????
    From
    Austria
    Jul 1, 2012, 9:19 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #6

im wondering where you get your foam at it allways fits the color sheme
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Jul 2, 2012, 3:07 AM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #7

I'm still seeking this Iron Man round-eyed helmet...
    Anyway, the Ultimate Ironman looks so far like a couple of scores of fitness mat rolls in my shed and a handful of files on an usb storage device.

And to please EoS and fit the sheme, mats are red, yellow, blue and dark-grey
    Jul 2, 2012, 8:29 AM - #8

JF I think you should have a go at a foam bane mask!
  9. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Jul 4, 2012, 3:08 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #9

great work!!1
  10. Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Aug 19, 2012, 12:46 AM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #10

Any thoughts on how to do the ears?
  11. RPF Premium Member animefan's Avatar
    From
    Canada
    Aug 19, 2012, 11:34 AM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #11

wow this is cool thanks JF
    From
    Canada
    Aug 19, 2012, 11:47 AM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #12

I love this
    From
    California (USA)
    Aug 24, 2012, 11:38 AM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #13

JFcustom said: View Post
    Hi,
    I've just unfold a Cap helmet for foam building, then I've built it to check its feasibility and identify any tricky stages. After that, I've reimproved unfolding again in a foxy way to reduce the amount of seams and parts, and obtain this

It's really very simple and quick to build, and moreover for a four-pieces helmet, it's not so ugly.

Coating and finishing remains your own.
    PREFACE/DISCLAIMER: - I'm a complete newb when it comes to pepakura costume making
    - so please forgive the naivite' of my questions . . . .

I assume that this same pep file/model can be used to go further and (I hope I get this right) resin/bondo the helmet for an (eventual) more solid and "movie realistic" result ... yes?

Do you know of a similar pep file for the Captain America AVENGERS VERSION helmet?
    (having trouble pinpointing it within the Forums if there is)

THANK YOU ... and again, I apologize for the newbness of my questions (I'm learning,though).

TOM
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Aug 24, 2012, 12:37 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #14

You can have a look at cama900's thread.

For the avengers version, there must be certainly a file somewhere. I'll post it up if I find one.
  15. Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Aug 24, 2012, 5:20 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #15

That is pretty awesome!
    Sep 23, 2012, 4:16 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #16

JFcustom said: View Post
    I'm still seeking this Iron Man round-eyed helmet...
    Anyway, the Ultimate Ironman looks so far like a couple of scores of fitness mat rolls in my shed and a handful of files on an usb storage device.

And to please EoS and fit the sheme, mats are red, yellow, blue and dark-grey
    Hey JF! Are those Ultimate Iron Man files completed somewhere? If so, is there a pep version (Not foam)?
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Sep 23, 2012, 4:29 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #17

This Ultimate is released here for foam, and there for paper.
  18. Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Sep 25, 2012, 3:18 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #18

Hey JFcustom just a big thank you for sharing this pep file for foam i had a bash at it this evening in my man lair lol was really fun to do and so quick and easy its far from finished would like to practice x-robots method of smooth on 650 on it kind of a test piece so to speak for now its on my display shelf

its not quite as good as yours but im pretty pleased thank you

19. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Sep 26, 2012, 5:10 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #19

PLEASE REUPLOAD pdo file!
    Thanks!!!
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Sep 26, 2012, 5:30 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #20

billymaya said: View Post
    Hey JFcustom just a big thank you for sharing this pep file for foam i had a bash at it this evening in my man lair lol was really fun to do and so quick and easy its far from finished would like to practice x-robots method of smooth on 650 on it kind of a test piece so to speak for now its on my display shelf

its not quite as good as yours but im pretty pleased thank you
    Well done. It seems harder than mine.
    Post pics too when you're on the sealing/painting stage.
    From
    Adelaide, Australia
    Sep 26, 2012, 6:11 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #21

I've finally made mine up for my Avengers Cap, WIP and finished pics are in the thread in my signature

@Billymaya: I used the SmoothOn 65D process on mine, it worked fairly well however there was a bit of an issue with it running down the curves of the helmet and not coating properly (pics of what I mean are in my thread). I would suggest if you're going to go that route that you coat in fairly 'flat' areas, ie I ended up breaking the main curve from front to back into 3 sections and coating them one at a time so that they could be put in a relatively flat position so that the coating didn't run and pool.
  22. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Sep 27, 2012, 9:09 AM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #22

Thanks for REUPLOADed!!!
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Sep 27, 2012, 9:42 AM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #23

madelmans said: View Post
    Thanks for REUPLOADed!!!
    It never mooved. The hosting server was only rebooting...
  24. Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Sep 27, 2012, 1:20 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #24

Thanks for the advice P4r4dox86 did you have any problems once cutting it into 3 losing the shape of the pieces? i see a few people are having problems with runs and pooling there must be a better way to coat it on im wondering if the more layers you add the less the runs will show up and then give it a sand for a smooth finish maybe
    From
    Adelaide, Australia
    Sep 27, 2012, 4:14 PM - Re: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file. #25

I didn't actually cut it or anything, what I did was, tip it onto it's back and lean the top of the helmet against something solid so that the front of the mask was horizontal, then I coated it until it started to curve back towards the top of the helmet, then I stopped and let it dry. Once it dried I would sit it back up normally and coat from the part I finished across the top until it started to curve again and would then stop and wait, then tip it so it was laying on the nose part and coat from my finish point to the back of it, that way it gave me 3 semi-flat surfaces to coat rather than trying to coat from front to back and ending up with it not working properly as it did with the first coat I tried putting on.

The issues I actually had weren't with it running/dripping as such, the effect I got was almost a pooling, like if you tipped water onto an oiled surface. It was weird and I'm still not exactly sure why it happened, but it seemed to be much less of an issue on flat surfaces.