BTTF 2 Doc's Train Shirt, Marty's Orange Vest

Vivek

Master Member
Couple of years back on the BTTF.com forum I posted links to one of these Japanese sites who were selling Marty's Denim Jacket replica (not a very screen accurate though). Within weeks someone ordered that piece, started offering it on eBay at a further higher price. To top that the seller posted photos taken from the Japanese website, instead of his own.

I hope something similar does not repeat with this piece. Many have been wanting to get a Doc Train shirt at a decent price, I wish Universal would at least consider selling them at their theme parks, but it's not happening. Unlike the ones sold at Universal, these are long sleeved like the screen used ones.

I am not sure how much will it cost to manufacture a run and offer one at decent price. Surely it shouldn't be $200+ for a piece, something around $50-$75 seems more like it.

Would any one buy one of these Train Shirts and consider making a run? These are scheduled to arrive in stock in late October or maybe in November.

I am also posting this on the BTTF.com and Offto55 forum to generate interest.

Of course in the end, all these posted items are freaking expensive and not really worth the price. But the Doc's Train Shirt needs to get done.

All of these costume replicas are made by the company Headgoonie

Headgoonie Store

I am posting links and photos from various Japanese sites.

Jetlink - Doc's Train Shirt
Doc's Train Shirt
Price: 19,950 Yen = $242 USD approx.

bttf2_doc_train_shirt1.jpg

bttf2_doc_train_shirt2.jpg

bttf2_doc_train_shirt3.jpg

bttf2_doc_train_shirt4.jpg

Posting an Google translation of all the text from the above link. Mind the broken grammar.

Brand name. "FLYING FUTURE TRAIN"
Aloha Shirts
Color. Original design locomotive
Size. (Length, shoulder width, width, sleeve length)
: S (66cm, 47cm, 53cm, 43cm) - NO STOCK
: M (68cm, 48cm, 55cm, 44cm) - 1 remaining
: L (70cm, 49cm, 57cm, 45cm) - NO STOCK
: XL (72cm, 50cm, 59cm, 46cm) - NO STOCK
Material. 100% rayon
Price. \ 19,950 (tax included)

ORDER / order products
Product comments
[The Goonies] brand and reputation in the production of Chankuarohashatsu HEADGOONIE (Heddoguni), but the movie Back To The Future Doc PART2 Benioff in locomotive design was worn by Dr. Emmett Brown I made a Hawaiian shirt. The state of the art world is

not an exaggeration to say again, to recreate a Hawaiian shirt that appeared in the movie Doc. Other collector's best interest to play?
Back to the Future movie up1] aloha of the movie Back To The Future Doc] Doc's Hawaiian shirt up2
Product Description
(1) First, a thin layer of white fabric beige color (called dyeing work place.)
(2) Moreover, instead of an inkjet engine design, using silk screen printing properly.
(3) to cut the finished fabric, and sewing.
(4) the shirt came up, "Doc is feeling a little worn," to recreate the "Baiouosshu" multiply by a special process.

. . . That people are not interested in wasting no time-consuming, "land and bio-dyed" in the two stroke
Color and texture of the cloth, and succeeded in putting out feeling like old clothes.
Back to the Future movie of Doc] aloha up3
Description of material
This time, instead of cotton material, and used Vintejiaroha, put the prices a bit, "rayon fabric" has been adopted.
Space
The movie the movie Back To The Future Doc a reference image of Hawaiian shirts [2] Back to the Future Doc reference image of Hawaiian shirts
Resources for the commodity
Hawaiian Part2 locomotive is to appear here, PART3 in "type of locomotive DeLorean" notice to appear, or contains a double track. The right image of the actual props used in the work. And compared to your product is obvious that a real Sokkuri. Scarf on the right is,

Part3, and hid her face is when Doc and Marty take the train. In fact, "Aloha from the tattered, the scarf was" I'm setting that people in the know.

Vicvega- Doc's Train shirt
Doc's Train Shirt

bttf2_doc_train_shirt5.jpg

Headgoonie Store - Doc's Train Shirt (OFFICIAL STORE PAGE)
Doc's Train Shirt

bttf2_doc_train_shirt6.gif

Jetlink- Marty's Orange Down Vest
Marty's Orange Down Vest
Price: 28,350 Yen = $344 USD approx.

bttf_marty_orange_vest1.jpg

bttf_marty_orange_vest2.jpg

bttf_marty_orange_vest3.jpg

bttf_marty_orange_vest4.jpg

Headgoonie Store - Marty's Orange Down Vest (OFFICIAL STORE PAGE)
Marty's Orange Down Vest

bttf_marty_orange_vest5.gif

bttf_marty_orange_vest6.jpg

Headgoonie Store - Doc's Cargo Pants
Doc's Cargo Pants
Price: 26,250 Yen = $319 USD approx.

bttf2_doc_pants1.gif

bttf2_doc_pants2.gif

Headgoonie Store - Doc's Army Belt
Doc's Army Belt
Price: 4,000 Yen = $51 USD approx.
This is most likely available easily at local stores.

bttf2_doc_belt1.gif

bttf2_doc_belt2.gif

Headgoonie Store - Marty's Checkered Shirt
Marty's Checkered Shirt (quite an inaccurate replica, now that we have the official Shah Safari replicas)
Price: 14,700 Yen = $178 USD approx.

bttf_marty_check_shirt1.gif

bttf_marty_check_shirt2.gif

bttf_marty_check_shirt3.jpg

Headgoonie Store - George McFly's glasses
George McFly's glasses
Price: 3,990 Yen = $48 USD approx.

bttf_george_glasses1.gif

bttf_george_glasses2.png

I like these Walkman and Stopwatch t-shirts.

Jetlink - Walkman and Stopwatch T-shirts
Walkman and Stopwatch T-shirts
Price: 5,500 Yen = $67 USD approx.

bttf_walkman_tshirt1.jpg

bttf_walkman_tshirt2.jpg

bttf_walkman_tshirt3.jpg

bttf_stopwatch_tshirt1.jpg

bttf_stopwatch_tshirt2.jpg

Headgoonie Store - 2015 Number Plate T-shirt
2015 Number Plate T-shirt
Price: 5,250 Yen = $64 USD approx.

bttf2_2015_number_plate_shirt1.gif

bttf2_2015_number_plate_shirt2.gif

Jetlink - BTTF3 Dance T-shirt
BTTF3 Dance T-shirt Sold Out. A white/red variation is available.

bttf3_dance_tshirt1.jpg

bttf3_dance_tshirt2.jpg

Headgoonie Store - BTTF Dance T-shirt
BTTF Dance T-shirt

bttf_dance_tshirt1.gif

bttf_dance_tshirt2.gif

bttf_dance_tshirt3.jpg

This Moonlight t-shirt is so cool.

Headgoonie Store - BTTF 3 Moonlight T-shirt
BTTF 3 Moonlight T-shirt
Price: 8,400 Yen = $102 USD approx.

bttf3_moonlight_tshirt1.gif

bttf3_moonlight_tshirt2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: BTTF2 Doc's Train Shirt, Marty's Orange Vest

So wait, are you suggesting that somebody buy one of each of these items and essentially recast them and sell for a lower price? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for.

Re: BTTF2 Doc's Train Shirt, Marty's Orange Vest

So wait, are you suggesting that somebody buy one of each of these items and essentially recast them and sell for a lower price? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for.
The only one I am suggesting to make is the Doc's Train Shirt, which I know for sure is going to flood the eBay market at ridiculous prices in few months. But I just wanted to list all the available BTTF costume replicas which are currently on the Japanese market.

I am likely heading into troubled water by suggesting to recast this material, though I am not exactly sure if it is essentially a recast. Either someone who already has the Doc's train shirt from the theme parks can re-create the long sleeved version or yes someone would need to buy the one offered on these sites to create a new run. The source train image for either of these comes from the shirt that was offered at the Universal theme parks.

Two years ago I had emailed them (both in English and Google translated Japanese) at their Headgoonie store; asking if they would be willing to make further changes to their Marty Denim Jacket to make it more screen accurate and will they offer US shipping. No replies.

I have now emailed all three sites in both languages asking if they offer US shipping and for how much. I hope they answer this time.

Well, my prices aren't dramatically lower than the ones you posted, but I could probably do a run of the Doc Train shirt fabric, and offer shirts for $150 (shipped).

We're also looking into doing Marty's Shah shirt... hopefully some news on that shortly.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Thanks Magnoli, that would be great and I am sure there is enough demand for the train shirt.

Also I heard back from Headgoonie, they said the train shirts are sold out and that they still have Marty's denim jacket and check shirt.

Here is a fabric I found that would work for Marty's shirt, though the squares are a little bigger than the original (about 1.25"):

martyshahfabric.jpg

Kind regards,
Indy

i'd rather pay you $150 indy, than them $200+.
your quality is worth the price... japanese quality is...well... NOT.

yeh....I would certainly love to buy a Marty shirt from you, Indy!! Looking forward to hearing more about the shirt :)

Anyone seriously interested in commissioning one of these Marty shirts, shoot me an e-mail and we'll discuss the details.

Kind regards,
Indy

I was thinking about reproducing the Doc train/horses graphic in photoshop - has no one else tried this before? If so, I haven't seen anything! LOL

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back