Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    Jul 3, 2010, 6:55 AM - Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories - New Pics #1

Always loved the costumes from Blade Runner and put this together nearly two years ago.
    It started with the coat and just grew from there. The coat is by Rachael from Propsummit.
    I chose the heavier fabric as i sometimes wear the coat. Its a little darker than the lighter fabric version, but it carries a good wet look.

The western style shirt is also by Rachael and was the only one she made i beleive. The other pink and blue shirt is by Magnoli, both are great replicas. The tie came from ebay, havent seen any since and is
    the only one i have seen with the correct colours.

The blazer is a cream herringbone coat that i had dyed to a very light orange. The original appears bright orange on screen but a picture of it at auction reveals a lighter shade.
    The holster is a custom made version produced by Phil S, the blaster is a all metal sidkit which i customised to a world-con led setup.

The shoes are original addidas "official" shoes as used in the film, not reproductions. The hardest piece to come across was the three button Microma watch,
    the brand used in the film. Was lucky to come across a sikver one with the correct band. I plan to have it professionally turned black.
    The pants came from a local charity store and are almost perfect. The paper is a superb fan made from Japan.
    The belt is just a brown belt and not movie correct, stil looking. The id wallet id badge, badge, wallet stuffers and LED umbrella all came off ebay.

Cheers.

Attachment 28390Attachment 28391Attachment 28392Attachment 28393Attachment 28394Attachment 28395Attachment 28396

Attachment 28397Attachment 28398Attachment 28399Attachment 28400Attachment 28401Attachment 28402Attachment 28403

Attachment 28404Attachment 28405Attachment 28406Attachment 28407Attachment 28408Attachment 28409Attachment 28410

Attachment 28411Attachment 28412

Heres a link to my Deckards briefcase project
    http://www.therpf.com/f9/blade-runne...ddition-86157/
    Last edited by Mr Webber; Jul 5, 2010 at 8:35 PM.
  2. propologist is offline propologist
    Jul 3, 2010, 7:09 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #2

now that is a sweeeeetttt collection
    From
    London, UK
    Jul 3, 2010, 7:34 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #3

you just need a frank lloyd wright tiled room to display it in now.
    From
    Canada
    Jul 3, 2010, 7:42 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #4

Your attention to detail is amazing!

Absolutely wonderful display!

Kevin
  5. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    Jul 3, 2010, 9:59 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #5

Thanks very much guys

HAL9000 WROTE :
    you just need a frank lloyd wright tiled room to display it in now
    I got a fantastic replica off Gary Dub some time back and hopefully will be able to get around to make enough clones to at least do a wall.

Attachment 28419
    From
    Annapolis MD
    Jul 3, 2010, 11:41 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #6

I am in awe. Truly outstanding collection
  7. Formerly GELForever Martin-El's Avatar
    From
    U.K.
    Jul 3, 2010, 1:22 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #7

That is a formidable display - awesome attention to detail -
    In complete agreement about the tiles to highlight it, doesn't need much, maybe two sets floor to ceiling in a corner and then lit from above.

I also remember seeing a nice Deckard bust on here you could graft on to your mannequin to finish it off - I'd also keep it white rather than paint it realistically, this is about the costume...
    From
    Surf City, USA
    Jul 3, 2010, 2:32 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #8

Excellent, excellent work. You've done a man's job, sir!

Coincidentally, I just got my first BR piece in the mail today: a very roughly built EDC PKD, the front trigger of which my son immediately broke off.
    From
    Newport News, VA
    Jul 3, 2010, 4:37 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #9

Excellent display! I own a Rachael trenchcoat, too. She does terrific work.
    Jul 3, 2010, 7:01 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #10

GREAT WORK! I just saw the movie last night and I got to say your costume is so flawless.
  11. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    Jul 4, 2010, 12:07 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #11

Really appreciate the feedback guys, cheers.

MFP 2020 WROTE:
    I just got my first BR piece in the mail today: a very roughly built EDC PKD, the front trigger of which my son immediately broke off.
    Doh, I hope it was a clean break.

GELForever WROTE:
    I also remember seeing a nice Deckard bust on here you could graft on to your mannequin to finish it off
    We are on the same track, i am going to post a request for help with a Harrison Ford head, prefered over a bust and also a Mel Gibson head for my Mad Max costume.

MrJoshKenobi WROTE:
    I got to say your costume is so flawless.
    Almost. The orange blazer still needs shoulder patches attached and the buttons arent correct. As soon as i can find another cheap cream or white
    herringbone coat, will cut out and dye the patches and attach the correct buttons.
  12. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jul 4, 2010, 3:27 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #12

WOW, gotta love that costume.... It's sweeeeeet
    From
    Chicagoland
    Jul 4, 2010, 9:58 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #13

Love it!!!
    From
    Sweden
    Jul 4, 2010, 2:37 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #14

I love this! You can feel proud over this.
    From
    The Deadzone aka Los Banos, CA
    Jul 4, 2010, 2:44 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #15

that is so great, congrats for getting everything. But how much did you pay for the Adidas Officials?
    From
    Reading, UK
    Jul 5, 2010, 7:21 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories #16

Utterly awesome!!!!!
  17. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    Jul 5, 2010, 8:22 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories - New Pics #17

Thanks again guys.

Getoninja, the officials cost me $99.00US off ebay. The auction listing
    didnt have a picture and i think that is why mine was the only bid.

Have taken some new pics of the blaster, it was one of my first projects
    and for me, ties the whole costume together.

Attachment 28573Attachment 28574Attachment 28575Attachment 28576Attachment 28577Attachment 28578Attachment 28579
    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Jul 20, 2010, 9:47 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories - New Pics #18

Absolutely spectacular. I am drooling.
    Jul 20, 2010, 10:11 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories - New Pics #19

And I thought I was Obsessed Totally awesome man!

Andy
  20. RPF Premium Member phase pistol's Avatar
    From
    New York
    Jul 20, 2010, 11:12 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories - New Pics #20

Gosh... you have some nice toys here.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Jul 20, 2010, 11:24 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories - New Pics #21

Great collection and well displayed.
    You probably already know this, but you can make that umbrella a bit more screen accurate by painting the top part black (the lighted part that sticks above the umbrella).
    I used some duplicolor automotive flat black primer that sticks really well to the plastic, and then did a coat of black satin spray over that.
    For any folks that buy the LED umbrellas off of ebay, be aware that they aren't all the screen-correct white color, some are blue only.
    Jul 20, 2010, 11:32 PM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories - New Pics #22

The holster looks different? I can remember it was behind his back in one scene and it looked a whole lot bigger? is that just me or....did they have different ones they used?

Nice set up,I've toyed with getting a Deckard outfit,but that shirt! oy pure 80's right there!
    Jul 21, 2010, 9:08 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories - New Pics #23

Stunning work! And I agree with the Ford bust, get one and keep it white, that would really set it off.

And the trigger being broken off on your pistol, that happens alot with this particular replica. When I had one, if I saw someone heading to pick it up, I would immediately warn them about the trigger not working before they laid a hand on it.
  24. El Duderino is offline El Duderino
    Jul 22, 2010, 4:04 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories - New Pics #24

Amazing! Love it.
  25. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    Jul 23, 2010, 8:32 AM - Re: Blade Runner - Complete Deckard Costume with Accessories - New Pics #25

Thanks very much for the comments guys, you can see why i want to get the street cop costume right.

Krull wrote
    The holster looks different? I can remember it was behind his back in one scene and it looked a whole lot bigger? is that just me or....did they have different ones they used?
    Yes, the holster is behind Deckards back but its not much of a display back there. There are a few publicity pictures with the holster in that spot though.
    The holster is made by Phil S and im fairly sure its the corrct size.