Black Widow Gun Belt, Iron Man 2

Zendragon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I need some help identifying, making, etc...

This belt and the pouches. Also identifying buckles.

I can't tell if this is a found item or a custom job.

and while I am at it... does ANYONE have any ideas about that fraking fabric?

Thoughts and ideas? Thanks all!

Belt.jpg

I need some help identifying, making, etc...

This belt and the pouches. Also identifying buckles.

I can't tell if this is a found item or a custom job.

and while I am at it... does ANYONE have any ideas about that fraking fabric?

Thoughts and ideas? Thanks all!

Belt.jpg

cool. now i can update my BW. lol. Mine is the Bishoujo series. :angel

I think the fabric is light denim??? might be spandex but in denim. not sure tho.

Do you have a shot for the holster at the legs?

I am voting for neopream with a mesh overlay. At least thats what the costume card with the swatch of fabric looks like to me.

ironman2-IMC-03.jpg

Last edited:
I don't suppose there's a better shot of her belt in better lighting is there? I tried brightening it up in Photoshop to get a better look but it's not clean enough to make out texture details. Off hand I'm thinking that the belt along withe the pouches are a custom job made from rubber or a rubber like material and the buckle looks custom too. To double check I'd browse tactical and police gear site to see if anybody carries anything like it but all of the duty belts that I've seen are either made from (basket weaved) leather or some form of nylon and in either case you can clearly make out the texture.

Belt.jpg

Odds are custom - but I have been wrong before... Idk... Might wanna ask Dave at UD... he is like an Ipod of knowledge with fabrics

Yea I was thinking custom too :p Now to figure out how to make something like it.

cool. now i can update my BW. lol. Mine is the Bishoujo series. :angel

I think the fabric is light denim??? might be spandex but in denim. not sure tho.

Do you have a shot for the holster at the legs?

The fabric looks somewhat thick, clearly 4way stretch, maybe a denim pattern.

I haven't seen too many shots of the holster yet. It's a tactical and looks to be made from Kydex or something

I am voting for neopream with a mesh overlay. At least thats what the costume card with the swatch of fabric looks like to me.

ironman2-IMC-03.jpg

I bet that fabric is made special too. Got a bigger pic of that card? That would be useful

I don't suppose there's a better shot of her belt in better lighting is there? I tried brightening it up in Photoshop to get a better look but it's not clean enough to make out texture details. Off hand I'm thinking that the belt along withe the pouches are a custom job made from rubber or a rubber like material and the buckle looks custom too. To double check I'd browse tactical and police gear site to see if anybody carries anything like it but all of the duty belts that I've seen are either made from (basket weaved) leather or some form of nylon and in either case you can clearly make out the texture.

Belt.jpg

That's one of the best pics I have seen to date that shows most of the belt. It does look like a custom job and I haven't found anything in the police, military, diving or outdoor sites that looks the part.

Are those cards available yet?

there are auctions on the 'bay. without seeing the swatch in person, I'm thinking it's a variation of the material used for the TDK undersuit...an athletic mesh over a black base would give the look, but it won't behave the same. notice how it looks like a single layer of material. on another board, I suggested a pique fabric, stretch if possible. you'll find that texture, but i haven't seen a two tone. Black or navy would be my choice.

the buckle looks like a center release. probably 1.5"-2" this buckle isn't wide enough, but it's a start: http://www.ahh.biz/products/hardware/Buckles/Buckles_Center_Release_Black_Plastic_%28www.ahh.biz%29.htm

the holster looks to be a quick draw. don't know the brand...

*EDIT* okay, looking at some hi res shots, the gun belt is probably urethane. the profile looks like tried and true automobile molding. one shot I've seen, the buckle looks stuck on, it sits on top of the belt. the July 24 09 issue of entertainment weekly has a shot of the holster from the side/back.

Last edited:
Thanks David! First thing I thought of when I saw the closeup was TDK as well. Now if you guys don't bid against me I'll have something I can send to my textile contacts. :)

I think I found my new wallpaper :love
I was going to say denim too after looking at the big picture, but the close-up of the swatch would say it isn't. Probably would have to wait until someone gets the swatch in their hands.

Doesn't look to me like a mesh overlay. I think the texture may be flocked. Batdemon may be onto something with the pique.

It does look thick though. Jumbo spandex perhaps? Or a very lightweight neoprene.

Belt.jpg

woot. sweet. will start working on the utility belt. :D

i'll still say denim. i think i have a bra with this material. hahaha!

Just found this today, and right now it's the front-runner for me.

spcr-09.jpg

(For those who frequent the League of Heroes board, I have a WIP thread going over there, with some brainstorming similar to what's going on here.)

My suspicion about the eBay swatch card photos is the same as about the high-res screencaps where the suit appears to be blue: I think somebody punched the color saturation WAY up, and that's where the blue is coming from.

I'm about 95% decided to order this 'spacer' stuff and see how it works out. At $10/yd, and only needing a couple yards, I think it might e worth the plunge. I'll definitely report back if I get it!

Meanwhile, I was pointed to this thread as having the answer for the holster, so a big THANK YOU for that!

Just found this today, and right now it's the front-runner for me.

spcr-09.jpg

(For those who frequent the League of Heroes board, I have a WIP thread going over there, with some brainstorming similar to what's going on here.)

My suspicion about the eBay swatch card photos is the same as about the high-res screencaps where the suit appears to be blue: I think somebody punched the color saturation WAY up, and that's where the blue is coming from.

I'm about 95% decided to order this 'spacer' stuff and see how it works out. At $10/yd, and only needing a couple yards, I think it might e worth the plunge. I'll definitely report back if I get it!

Meanwhile, I was pointed to this thread as having the answer for the holster, so a big THANK YOU for that!

Are you going to use that for the body suit??

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back