Black Widow Avengers Style Build

unearthlyjetsam

Well I wasn't going to make a progress build thread but I changed my mind...

I'll slowly be piecing together my Black Widow costume, and will have it done by April of next year for sure, since that's my deadline hah! That's quite a ways from now though, I'm quite positive I'll get it done a lot sooner than that lol.

I have just about everything planned out, no need (in my opinion) to go into too much detail until I actually really start working on it and such. But so far I have a wig...

560438_3949969228375_1756175684_n.jpg

I'll get some better photos soon!

And I made one of her little disc holster doodads, not really sure what they are?

There's a video here showing it. Black Widow progress - YouTube

I have a fabric sample ordered, and hopefully it's close to what I'm looking for!

I'll keep you all updated!

I think I use exclamation points too much... :behave

I only count four !s, so that isn't too many ;).

Goodluck with this. What fabric are you looking at using for it?

Haha true!

I'm looking at spandura possibly, just waiting on the sample at this point.

If it doesn't work I'll probably just go with some type of lycra.

Her suit is closer to leather though so maybe I'll get lucky and find some type of stretchy leather/pleather material instead, who knows really.

I just got to check out some spandura. It was disappointing really. I expected a cool texture. It's really just jumbo spandex. Kind of has a twill look to it.

Where did you get your wig? It looks great!

It's actually a wig I've had for a long time, and I found it the other day realizing it would be perfect for Black Widow. It was actually a lot longer and looked like the Iron Man 2 version but I really wanted to do the Avengers version so I cut and styled it.

But I think I got it from vogue wigs, possibly a forever young brand?

Shouldn't be much of a worry - with all the bound seams, the pieces are actually pretty small before they're sewn together. if you're careful and don't let the layers pucker from each other, you should be fine. i'm taking a small break on mine, but i should have it finished in the next few weeks.

Has anyone considered making the suit from black jersey fabric? I was considering using that more for comfort than anything else, plus the folds seem about right from when she moves, even if it doesn't have a mesh pattern. I've never made anything like this before so I thought I'd start with something (hopefully) fairly easy.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back