BadMonkey's Rumpelstiltskin 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Badmonkey

The costume being entered is Rumpelstiltskin from Once Upon a Time.

This costume was picked out by my fiance, Eveningarwen, for me to wear this year. While I always wonder how it is I end up with characters that have makeup, crazy hair and women's shoes some of the challenges of this costume were the things you wouldn't have thought of. In particular the shoes were extremely difficult to find. There was a lot of luck involved with those. The next was figuring out that collar. Once I was able to piece it out it actually came together with a lot of ease but at first it was one of those puzzles that I was afraid to mess with due to how expensive the hides were. Many of the other trials that we came across are discussed in the actual build thread that will be listed later.

While Eveningarwen is the one who does most of the heavy sewing, I tend to come into the scene for things that are a bit more crafty and require some elbow grease. For me that included making the crocodile collar and dying it, coloring and distressing the fabric for the coat as well as adding those swirls onto it and finding the shoes. I also helped cut out pieces for the items she had to sew together. I'd say the biggest achievements with this costume were finding the exact pair of shoes he wore and also getting that crocodile collar looking almost exact to the one he wears.

While I don't do a lot of building I do enjoy dabbling in the creative arts and find I have a knack for figuring things out that are a bit more obscure. I have a lot of plans in the future for working on more elaborate costumes and some prop builds and I definitely lurk on the RPF when I have ideas running through my head. Now all I need is the time! :lol

Here is our build thread for Rumpelstiltskin:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/rumpelstiltskin-ouat-wip-complete-lots-pics-139210/

Here is the proof photo:

RPFProof.jpg

Here is a comparison photo for those that don't know Once Upon a Time:

RumpleCompare.jpg

And here are some finished images that are also in the build thread:

RumpelstiltskinRPFHalloween.jpg

RumpelstiltskinRPFHalloween2-1.jpg

RumpelstiltskinRPFHalloween3-1.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back