Azurial's Pep Files - 12/23/12: Shrike Pilot Helmet available! Iron Man BE soon!

Azurial

Introducing the Shrike Pilot Helmet from Blue Gender! Have an awesome time crushing the Blue with this snazy helmet.
---------------------------------------------

Random/Video Games:
Megaman Helmet
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Marvel:
Captain America Shield
X-MEN: Classic Belt Buckle
X-MEN: Classic Cyclops Visor

Anime:
LowDef Bubblegum Crisis Generic Hardsuit
-- Helmet rev. 003 (A4 - Use Antenna in EXTRAS folder)
-- Helmet rev .003
(Letter - Use Antenna in EXTRAS Folder)

Transformers Generation 1 - Megatron

Shrike Helmet (Blue Gender)

Horror:
Evil Dead 2 Chainsaw Hand

Pop Culture:
Darth Vader Chest Box
Ghostbusters Containment Unit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:

1) I know some of you will give me grief about Transformers not being an anime and that it was infact a commission of sorts. The fact of the matter is that it was shot, aired, produced and voiced in Japan, and based on a Japanese toy line (Micro Change), making it very much an anime. To further my arguement for those that still want to argue, anime is the Japanese word for cartoon where in other parts of the world it would be refered to as "Japanese Anime" or Anime.

2) Sponges seem to only migrate when evil spirits are about to blow a Central Park apartment's top floor(s) to bits.

3) Spaceballs was an excellent flick despite being a Star Wars spoof that was present long after the general population was over Star Wars.

Just the facts.

Last edited:
Re: Bubblegum Crisis Hardsuit peps any one?

I'm totally game for the building part, but I wonder about straying too far from the design. I can do vacuforming of clear plastics, so the only issue would be doing a see-thru mirrored finish on the helmets. I also do a lot of foam work, so I can create parts in foam that will bend and flex. I say make the pep files as accurate as possible and let others worry about the engineering of how to make it move in reality. Of course the other problem will be who gets to wear them when we're all done.:lol

I have some meshes I pulled from a Unreal Tournament model. I began on the helmet but got discouraged when my model... well let's say resin sucks to get perfectly smooth and I dunno how the iron man guys have the patience.

Hit me up if you want the meshes so I can get you a format you like.
*edit*
Actually, I'm working on making one from the pepakura for my girl, but we haven't been working on it much. If someone gets the helmet going I will definitely help =) for a discount! I have pretty much every BGC reference book from the time period.

When talking of a Generic Jump Suit, as for the Bubblegum Crash Series or the 2040 Series? Or something plain to use as a base for creating the Knight Saber Suits? I have made several Jump Suits (5 all together), but I am willing to test build the suit.

let me try to address all concerns. aside from the helm, im trying to get the parts as close as possible. the reason i designed the helm the way i did was to make it more functional for some one in real world applications, such as cons, cosplays, ect. to beable to see out of with no real difficulty - if you notice there are small gaps in between the visor and the rest of the helm - this will (hopefully) allow some venting so that the visor wont fog up.

as far as a generic hardsuit goes, i want to take design elements from all of the BG animes and related animes: this entails BGC, 2033, tokyo 2040. if all is well i would like to eventually do a motoslave to go with the hardsuits as poissbly a costume, or i was thinking a few hours ago, a seperate suit to fit over the hard suit, and would be really difficult.

at any rate im planning on having a pep of the helm up soon, and any pics you can share for refrance will be appreciated - im using design drawings from the original anime as a referance.

as far as the helm goes, a mirror finish motorcycle visor cut to size will work

btw, the trick with resin is in the mat - first res on the pep, then resin the mat on top of that, sand, and add bondo as you need to, just to fill in gaps.

all in all, what are the oppinions? step in the right direction?

The problem with the hardsuit is feet.
2751652284_60f3497ab3_b.jpg

2750817867_fb2219407a_b.jpg

I remember seeing a couple of hardsuits that were built in Japan that were really fantastic.If you guys want some suit pics the best way to get them is to get the Bubblegum Crisis Anime books from way back.I had most of them but I got rid of them years ago.But they are the best reference huide for all things hard suit

a bit off topic here, any one interested in some Transformers peps? im thinking G1 stuff when im done with this.

Re: Bubblegum Crisis Hardsuit peps any one? Helm is up! 9-2-10

okiedoke all, first peice is up, i have the scale set to 173mm width so if its too big, you can scale it down.

EDIT:

going to start work on the torso and hopefully finish the chest and back tonight.

Last edited:

Wow you just helped me find my childhood just now. That old School. I love it

Hi guys,
Sorry to step back in here late, but I've had a couple of models around since I've been attempting to build my Priss Helmet for a year or so. I need help however extracting all the models. I used to use 3d RippperDX to get some Unreal models ripped to OBJ format so I can edit it in Maya, but my ripper program no longer seems to work.

If you can help me rip from upk to OBJ I will gladly unpack and papercraft unfold all the parts. I did manage to rip Priss' helmet before my program went bunk. Please find it here where I have just uploaded it. As you can see its not very practical and you cannot easily see out of it. The model seems to be a hybrid of the 2040 early helmet and the final 2032 helmet. The neck was part of the original model.
Priss' Helmet
pass is 'therpf'
I am SUPER INTERESTED in any progress that can be made on this. I will be willing to scan any of my artbooks for references. =P I even have one where they made a helmet back in the 80's to promote the show. I understand the anime companies made some fiberglass suits back in the day in the USA which were auctioned on ebay, but I cannot find pictures or anything about them so they are in personal collections =(

Thanks~ Ikariya

We had someone that commissioned this model for pepakura ;)

renderlast.jpg

Whoa snap! would it be possible to share? Or is it beyond the length of your contract.

having seen that image im pretty sure im on the right track now lol only thing is it seems to be missing the inset for the hand plates and the actual handplates. but that is a minor detail.

any one do a build of the helm yet so i know if i can start the peps for the torso yet? still need to see if the helm works.

Last edited:

A friend of ours did a Priss & Linna before then he gave Linna to Robert to which he repaired & repainted to Nene because Nene was his favorite. Done free-hand from rubber sheets. ;)

20574_1365526065254_1444727739_2693615_3263411_n.jpg

3635.jpg

Donrobert as Nene Romanova
35561-1326806605928-1103817375-30749126-2682021-n.jpg

nene-rominova.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back