TCSloans 1/1000 USS Akira 2014 Model Contest entry

TCSloan

Heres my latest build ,which is my entry for the model contest. This is the 1/1000 Akira from Starcraft models. I'll be using their upgrade set,along with their additional decal set (aztecs) and also Madmans Starship lighting kit..bottomed off with a custom acrylic base...
100_0325.JPG100_0326.JPG

Finally gettin started on this beauty..have to say, for a resin starship kit,this one is great! excellent castings,very little clean-up.
Started off drilling out windows for fiber optics. The resin was rather thick in the saucer section, so I thinned it out around the windows with the dremel and the cleaned out the opening with a hobby blade. The rest I used a small drill bit chucked in the dremel and routed them out. I also got the post ready for the wiring to run through to the base. next up...fibers..and lots of it.
100_0350.JPG100_0349.JPG100_0351.JPG

started getting the fibers installed for the nav/strobe lights.. I decided not to use fibers for the windows and just went with a few super bright LED strips.
100_0356.JPG

also have 1 warp nacelle ready to close up.
100_0357.JPG100_0359.JPG

hey thanks! I appreciate that..beginin to wonder ..it was afully quiet...
heres a bit more work..
I ended up having to run more wire into the 'pre wired' part,since they only provided 1 set of wire..I needed 4 sets. no biggie though, just cut ridges on the 'wing' parts,added wire, and I'll fill it in when its ready to close up.
100_0361.JPG100_0360.JPG100_0362.JPG

thanks Michael! Heres where Im at so far..light check..and a few leaks to take care of...
If Batman were to have a starship..I think this one would be it..
100_0419.JPG100_0418.JPG100_0417.JPG

lol yup..if I had the spare cash Id build one with a huge Bat symbol right across the saucer section..itd fit perfect. with all the nacelle lights lit blue..it just screams Batman ..I could see Christian Bale asking Starfleet ,"does this come in black? "

Finally got the base color down..not sure if I'll make the deadline or not..still have alot of aztec decals to apply.
100_0455.JPG

thanks man..this is one deadline I wont be able to make..kinda felt like Face Off huh? lol all that was missing was an arrogant judge with a bad hairdoo
heres where I was able to get so far..since its not ready to mount, I wasnt able to hook up all the lights to the control board ,so here not all are lite.
100_0474.JPG100_0473.JPG100_0472.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back