New BMF coming

Prolly correct. I cracked open mine a bit....its 90% done cooking and the foam is mostly formed to the inner form of the hull. I can total, could have used 1.3 cans.

The foam thing is not recommended for the first timer. And it would have been better to do step 2 first then paint. But Im not that smart. See my thread for an update tomorrow. Ill be working and posting from the great beyond..........

Just picked up a microwavable plate cover from tesco for a pound that should provide me with clear replacement plastic for the engine.

So far operation cheap falcon is going well.

I've been thinking of using of using the sticker of the engine light on the inside of a piece of translucent plastic, so when the lights are on you see the blue/white detail glowing through :)

Could you post a link/picture of the plate?

IMG_20141110_131747_180[1].jpg I know at first glance it looks too small, but being curved I am optimistic if I cut down one edge I can tease it out to the right shape.

Everyone's builds look great! Here's a small update on mine: I decided to dig through my huge box of model parts to complete the sidewall detail....just arranging parts to make it look as good as I can. I also cut out all the little nibs along the edges.

Robert

You guys are having so much fun -- I haven't even seen one person :( I'm haunting the Walmart aisles (and Toys R Us, too) almost daily. Toys R Us has a big Rebels Star Wars sign in the the star wars section and all I could see is loads of the big X-wings. I guess the Falcon is really exclusive to Walmart?

You guys are having so much fun -- I haven't even seen one person :( I'm haunting the Walmart aisles (and Toys R Us, too) almost daily. Toys R Us has a big Rebels Star Wars sign in the the star wars section and all I could see is loads of the big X-wings. I guess the Falcon is really exclusive to Walmart?

Sounds like a trip to Niagra Falls Walmart is in your future?

Check the Lawn & Garden area!!!! That's where I found mine!! :thumbsup
Allot of holiday toys are there!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back