Mummy Model

franz bolo

Sr Member
My friends awesome MUMMY kit has finally been approved by Universal for release by Moebius Models as an Aurora-style styrene kit!

mummy3.jpg

mummy2.jpg

mummy1.jpg

FB

Amazing sculpt from Gabriel! It reminds a lot to the Janus Karloff as the Mummy kit!

Looking forward to get it!

Last edited:
Gabriel is an incredibly talented sculptor. The likeness to Karloff on both the mummy figure and the sarcophagus are amazing!

One minor quibble--Karloff's legs were wrapped independently, not together as Gabriel's sculpt shows. Again, IMO this is a minor issue and it's not something that will keep me from picking up a few of these beauties once they're released.

FB,

Keep us informed when the kit hits the street. :thumbsup

Thanks,
DM
Early estimates have this scheduled to hit the shelves some time in the first half of 2009. Also, Moebius is still waiting for tooling quotes before they decide whether this will be a 1/6, 1/8, or 1/10 scale kit.

BTW, the build-up shown above will be at Moebius' booth at Wonderfest on July 19th & 20th, if anyone's interested.

Here's a few pics of the original sculpt.
I like these better than the photos of the painted version! Probably because the lack of color is more reminiscent of the black and white film? :confused Also, I think they showcase Gabriel's excellent sculpt better.

I like these better than the photos of the painted version! Probably because the lack of color is more reminiscent of the black and white film? :confused Also, I think they showcase Gabriel's excellent sculpt better.

I always appreciate the original sculpt or the first resin pull better then the final painted piece. I also like concept sketches more than final artwork!

It's amazing to see his work in person.

FB

That's even better... I watch this kind of posts and I would love to sculpt something!:lol
And if I wasn't so busy probably I will...:D

Again, great work:)

Gabriel is an awesome talent. He sculpted a couple of things for me. Tell him he should start going to Wonderfest again!!!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back